PDA

View Full Version : GF Change of Livery

bus787
14th Aug 2008, 04:06
IS GF considering changing its new livery.?
It will be the saddest thing they can do.
GF has at the moment the best livery surely in the middle east if not in the world.
It is sad that people go to all this just to cancel memories of previuos managment even if the things where right.
RE think again GF the GOLDEN FALCON looks good.

brassplate
14th Aug 2008, 04:12
the chicken will remain on the tail me thinks. but the rest will change into something like the formula one a330. i hope they paint all the engines red!!

ironbutt57
14th Aug 2008, 07:26
What would be really cool is some new ife's and seats and carpets that dont look like a dilapidated bus station...customers see the inside more than the outside bit

hunter320
14th Aug 2008, 11:51
i hope they change the cabin crew uniforms too, this one looks like your in a funeral, i suggest if they wanna reflect bahrain, they should have the girls in red and white, that should be very attractive and fresh.and the boys in dark Navy blue.

oh ...... and they should really drop the jackets and Ti's in the summer months, every one is just sweating their a......s off.

the flight deck in a standard black.....

40&80
14th Aug 2008, 14:02
Anybody noticed...
The people who make the uniform decision are sitting in air conditioned offices.

Sal-e
15th Aug 2008, 00:31
For the life of me, I will never understand ties and jackets in the desert for the cabin crew. EY has the best cabin crew uniforms IMHO. Maybe a similar design for pilots (no ties)?? Or a seasonal uniform?

boiler
15th Aug 2008, 06:22
IMHO it is the EY uniforms that look like everyone to going to a funeral.

Panama Jack
15th Aug 2008, 06:36
EY uniforms look like surplus Chairman Mao suits from the 1950's and 60's in the People's Republic of China. Almost suits their reporting culture and their "Great Leap Forward" environment. :yuk:

Londonlads
15th Aug 2008, 06:58
QR's uniform (pre-2007) was fab! Especially that colourful blouse for the ladies!

Tziganul
15th Aug 2008, 10:33
Any pics of it ?

Sal-e
15th Aug 2008, 10:50
Ok I agree, the EY boys uniform sorta look like Chairman Mao outfits.

IB has the more important point. The inside of the aircraft matters infinitely more. My 10 year old son travelled to Bahrain on EY and back on GF. Embarassing that even he made a comment on which airline he preferred, purely based on the IFE. Service aside, that's the only other thing passengers judge airlines by. Oh, and on the pilots landing. Sad but true.

Cam32
16th Aug 2008, 21:03
To add my 2 cents/ 100 fils

They would be crazy to change the livery. It does look the best in the Mid East, they have only managed to get all of the aircraft into the current paint in the last year, not to mention the 'new to us' aircraft painted in the last few months. Must have too much money in the bank.

Concentrate on the inside, the interiors are disgusting for 'the airline of choice'. And the entertainment is not even coming close to the competitors.

P.S. PA systems could use some work (A9C ET)

Radar Contact
17th Aug 2008, 11:23
ET was doing some engine run-ups yesterday and today.

brassplate
18th Aug 2008, 06:51
et needs more than an engine runup. that aircraft is unsafe anyway you look at it!!

the tech delays and subsequent loss of business and confidence by the travelling public will contribute to gf's burgeoning daily loss (now MORE than a million a day, edging towards a million and a half)

all pilots rostered on it cringe and some even go sick!

whichever monkey(s) was involved in purchasing et and es (no doubt with personal rewards involved) should be SHOT!!!
corruption is not only a cancer in any establishment, but a very real danger to lives.

Capt Hair Y Balls
19th Aug 2008, 04:51
Welcome to GF Brassy:}

Flygulfair
19th Aug 2008, 20:23
apparently the losses are only 600,000 a day!

Sal-e
20th Aug 2008, 04:57
Is that BHD or USD?

Capt Hair Y Balls
20th Aug 2008, 09:55
If it's USD will it make it any better?

fractional
20th Aug 2008, 11:17
If it's USD will it make it any better?2.6... better despite being a loss anyway.

Capt Hair Y Balls
21st Aug 2008, 09:30
Yippy, management deserve a nice raise :ok:

Krinkle
21st Aug 2008, 11:10
An anticipated loss of $1 billion over the next two years during the biggest avaiation boom in the history of the Gulf.

Hats off guys!

Flygulfair
21st Aug 2008, 16:34
It is US$600,000 a day.

Krinkle, I think GF will be bigger than emirates one day, as it isnt buying too many planes, GF will have its time to shine.

I personally think that Emirates is buying to many planes, how on earth is emirates ment to fill these planes up!

Gf is clearly going in the right direction, and NOONE can predict the loss of any company, maybe it will be less or more! It has cut some of its losses and is improving every aspect of the company! :ok::ok:

Capt Hair Y Balls
21st Aug 2008, 21:41
I think GF will be bigger than emirates one day

Dream on mate, it's free and it sure makes you feel good:ok:

brassplate
22nd Aug 2008, 10:04
Flygulfair, someone put drugs in your sheesha or something?

i agree with the comment on politically motivated employment as opposed to operationally motivated employment.

the pink palace is littered with idle and unnecessary staff. unfortunately, a lot of them have been there for years.

new heads of department are appointed every few days. there's even a vice president who heads an office of less than ten. wtf?
definitely a case of too many chiefs and too many indians.

gf needs to HALVE the contents of the pink palace.

on the operational front, crews are flying more and more turnaround, back to back, red-eye flights with minimum rest in between.

i realise the need for more effective and efficient utilisation of crew but for the right and fair reasons, not because headquarters overheads are busting at the seams, especially with overstaffing and useless, toothless vice presidents.

repapips
22nd Aug 2008, 10:48
Gimme Some Of Those Pleassseeeeee!!!

repapips
22nd Aug 2008, 10:59
Try going to the Refund Department (or whatever that's called).

This is one place in any company (especially in the government) where there are lots of people doing nothing, well relatively, considering the number of people in the department tasked to do a few jobs.

This is because this is one department where the company's money goes out but not to necessary expenses but to its employees whom they can afford to keep waiting for a long time for money which belonged to them in the first place.

Trader
25th Aug 2008, 01:17
The problem is that to return to profitability the plan was to cut routes and STAFF. Yet they never cut the staff!!!!!!!!!

So they rethink and decide to grow the airline with the current staff levels (though I don't know if they can do that successfully) - which is a great way around the problem of not being able to cut staff - grow it to the size it should be for the staff level. You know - keep the government and those idiot MP's happy.

But this was planned pre-fuel crisis time and now EVERY airline is hurting. The question to ask is how long will the Bahraini government be willing to accept not only the current losses but double that (or close to it anyway) when the fleet doubles??!!!!!

Then again they may have accepted these losses in the growth planning. Us pleabes can only guess.