PDA

View Full Version : MD80 / MD90 Jobs for low hour F/O's

WT-Pilot
13th Aug 2008, 23:28
Hello,

does anyone of you know which MD80 / MD90 operator is aswell hiring low houred F/O with type rating (JAR Licence).

Does anyone know about the situation at Dana - Nigeria - Pilots life there - payment - recruitment process

BRGDS

WT-PILOT

INNflight
14th Aug 2008, 07:58
Hello.ch in Zurich might be worth a try. MD-90 fleet, supposedly said they also take low-timers in an interview maybe a month or two back, can't recall where I read it anymore though.

oligoe
20th Aug 2008, 20:08
Hallo,

You could try MAP executive flight service. (map executive flightservice (http://www.mapjet.eu/de/index.html))

But it could be worth dropping a CV at Pronair, Dubrovnik airways, Meridiana, Nordic, Viking, Windrose Air, Aviajet, Bulgarian air charter, Aurora airlines,
1 Time (SA), Belle Air, SwiftAir, Fly Excellent, Gainjet, JetX....

I may be wrong but i think I know who you are...Are we not working for the same airline in CH.

All the best

og

ELKOR
23rd Dec 2008, 20:08
Definitely stay away from Aurora Airlines unless you are masochist.
At first contact, CEO/owner/director and who knows what will sweet talk you and make you feel that you are joining best company by far, but WRONG!!!:=

Him, and his so-called right arm, chief pilot (who become captain in this company and roughly 10,000 hours):ugh: will talk and talk about other airliners problems but when you ask about your salary or per-diems will act as they never heard what you are asking. You will be lucky if you received any feed back, but in all they are all LIES!

My advice, if you like flying exotic destinations as Afghanistan and not getting paid send your CV to this so called airline!

atila_101
24th Dec 2008, 16:11
hey folks

well based on the fact that the md is not the most popular bird within Europe and it's days are coming to an end in Europe, there are few companies which might be considered as most of them will squeeze you and make you fly to the most for peanuts.

from what I know Hello is not hiring nobody, actually they are trying to get rid of people and as the partner said do not trust Aurora.

If you like Sudan, try with swiftair, it is not the best company at all, actually I would not recommend that but the money is good and working on 2 months on and 1 month off gives you a break.

cheers.

homerg88
25th Dec 2008, 10:31
Sorry for this but im kinda new, what do you mean with 2 months on and 1 month off? Do you fly 7 days a week 2 months or? Someone who can help me get clear with this? Thank you

atila_101
25th Dec 2008, 18:27
it means that the months you are on you will be living on your base having your days on, your days off and your stand-by days, during your month off you will be at home doing whatever and getting paid.

atpcliff
28th Dec 2008, 23:18
Hi!

I am type rated in the DC-9 (and DA-20). In the US the -9 type rating works also for MD-8x, MD-9x and B-717. I know that in Asia many countries have separate type ratings.

Looking for a job in Asia or Africa, or Europe with "N" numbered tail number.

Any ideas?

cliff
KGRB
Note: There are a bunch of us laid off, so any jobs I find I also pass on to the other pilots looking.

atila_101
29th Dec 2008, 10:58
As far as I'm concerned in Europe the MD80 TR is only valid for DC-9-80 series apart from MD80 model (MD82,83,87 and 88) and M90 not sure about B717 would not put too much money on that.

here are a few pages that focus on MD80, try to google "MD80 International Forum" lots of forums and stuffs regarding DC9,MD80,MD90, 717 and so on.

cheers.