PDA

View Full Version : Corporate flying in the Middle East

ForzaLazio
13th Aug 2008, 13:24
I am contemplating going to the Middle East to do corporate flying. I heard there are few places over there looking for piltos, and the pay is pretty good. I was wondering if there is anybody who's working over there and that can get me an insight on quality of life, roster, best places where to apply, etc. Any info is appreciated, thanks!

Gulfstreamaviator
15th Aug 2008, 07:50
for corporate aviation.

Please do not view the life in ME, as a back stop for a failed airline.
Corporate is a way of life, not a drop stop, for an airline guy/gal.

I am not knocking airline crews, but it is a totally different life, and you must be aware of the work pattern, and expectations.

Please do not PM me for expansion on this statement, if you need to ask, you wont cut it. OK.

glf

ForzaLazio
15th Aug 2008, 15:40
wow! well, i'm glad somebody knows i won't make it...

anybody alse with some actual info?!?

nolimitholdem
16th Aug 2008, 08:40
Hey Gulfstreamaviator,

Get over yourself. Many airline pilots came from corporate backgrounds so don't try and act like the "corporate life" is some state secret. Your assumption that someone is looking for a stepping stone from a failed airline is as silly as my suggesting that corporate pilots are just guys who couldn't cut it in the airlines.

I will concur though, that it is a very different job and lifestyle.

CALDC9
4th Sep 2008, 14:39
"Many airline pilots came from corporate backgrounds, assumption that someone is looking for a stepping stone from a failed airline is as silly as my suggesting that corporate pilots are just guys who couldn't cut it in the airlines.
I will concur though, that it is a very different job and lifestyle."

Might surprise some, :eek: There are pilots that are adaptable & flexible. :ok:

Thank you
:)