View Full Version : ME-CIR Renewal Camden

AllInGoodTime
13th Aug 2008, 11:44
Hi All

I am looking at renewing my ME-CIR, after letting it lapse some years. I need to do a re-issue and am looking at Camden to do it. All ready had a look around Bankstown and am not really keen to do it there.

Could I please ask for people's opinions of the schools at Camden and who does good IFR Renewals.

Feel free to PM if you don't want to post your thoughts.

Greatly Appreciate the help.

sms777
13th Aug 2008, 11:54
Try Gostner Aviation.
Joe has been around since the Wright Brothers, his aeroplanes are spotless and his standards are military specs.

InSoMnIaC
13th Aug 2008, 11:59
i thought joe sold gostner aviation.

try camdan aero training as well

sms777
13th Aug 2008, 12:09
You could be right... It has been a long time since i had a cuppa with good ol' Joe.

BoundaryLayer
13th Aug 2008, 12:27
Yes Joe sold up a few years ago now. Probably only Airborne or Curtis now that can do it. It has been a couple of years since I was out there so there may be other operators who can do it that I'm not aware of.

Gotta get round to renewing that thing myself! :)

Horatio Leafblower
13th Aug 2008, 12:57
My company uses and recommends Curtis Aviation for all its staff MECIR renewals.

Their testing officer is professional, experienced and courteous. We use the Twin Catastrophe but I am fairly certain they have other types online too :ok:

hetropascals
13th Aug 2008, 15:04
Last time I saw Joe he was flying at Liverpool Flying School at Hoxton, I am pretty sure you will find him there. Not sure about the ME CIR though, give them a call I am sure the CFI Rene can help you.

dogcharlietree
13th Aug 2008, 16:04
All ready had a look around Bankstown and am not really keen to do it there.

It really doesn't get any better than Bill Whitworth, of Whitworth Aviation on Tower Rd at Bankstown Airport.

sms777
13th Aug 2008, 22:31
I have to agree with "dogcharlietree" there.
I have done 5 renewals with Bill so far and his Duchess is one of the best in the country.

Dookie on Drums
14th Aug 2008, 03:45
+ 1 for Bill Whitworth :ok:

AllInGoodTime
14th Aug 2008, 06:58
Thanks for the responses. Any more will be appreciated.

SeldomFixit
14th Aug 2008, 09:18
Having one of the best Duchesses in the country is almost a default position, The rate they are bent, the last one standing has to be the best. Joe's was his pride and joy. Sorry to hear he sold up and moved out but probably a victim of that cxruelest of Mistresses - GA. :(