PDA

View Full Version : JAA Question Bank & aviationexam.com

KrisRamJ
12th Aug 2008, 21:55
I have a question on behalf of a friend who is currently working in the Middle East and can't access PPrune. He is about to start studying for his JAA ATPL(H). He has FAA ATPL(H) so he is exempt from completing approved training, his question is:

"Is the JAA question bank all the same for the exams i.e. if we study from any European country and take the exams in the UK will it be the same questions, or are the UK CAA doing things different from Europe and have their own special bank of questions?"

I think he's looking at aviationexam.com

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. :ok:

Kris

Whirlygig
12th Aug 2008, 22:00
I used both Bristol Ground School QB and the Italian QB. Bristol was much more representative of the UK exam questions so I would suggest that there are some differences. That's not to say that the Italian QB was not useful but there were differences in wording. Some of the Bristol questions are verbatim!

Cheers

Whirls

KrisRamJ
13th Aug 2008, 01:28
Bless ya, thanks Whirls, I'll pass that on to him.

I just enrolled in the Bristol GS program myself, I don't have the FAA ATPL and it will be a year before I'm back in the UK so I'm just going to study the heck out of the Bristol program. I quite enjoy studying anyway, I'm a sick puppy I know... :)

Cheers

Kris

paco
13th Aug 2008, 04:21
Aviationexam tend to be biased towards the european-wide exams, whilst Bristol tend to concentrate on the UK database, which has been modified due to some hard work by the CAA and the CGIs over the past year - all the questions that have been put on hold over the past years have now been inspected and modified and made available again, or flagged as useless as necessary. As such, the UK version of CQB 13 is the most logical of the lot.

Otherwise, the only difference is in the method of usage.

Phil

KrisRamJ
13th Aug 2008, 15:45
Thanks Phil, I appreciate the response, will pass it on.

Cheers

Kris