PDA

View Full Version : Skytrax 2008 Results

A300Man
12th Aug 2008, 16:07
I see the Middle East is still represented in all the top categories, but to a far lesser extent than previously. Well done to EY on the Business Class award.

THE WORLD AIRLINE AWARDS™ (http://www.worldairlineawards.com/)

KRUGERFLAP
12th Aug 2008, 16:24
I can read only To be announced in all categories.
on my calendar i read august 2008 yet,lol

fourgolds
12th Aug 2008, 16:26
Its a great pity that the only awards won are the ones money can buy.
Clearly a loss of the people and customer orientated awards that were so dominated by an airline here recently.

Keep discovering.

.Aero
13th Aug 2008, 00:07
Of the 12+ categories, Gulf Air weren't able to nail any - pitty :bored:

ddd
13th Aug 2008, 04:23
Qatar Airways on top 10 listPublished:

QATAR Airways is among the world’s 10 best airlines now as the national carrier flies ahead of Emirates airline and Etihad Airways to secure seventh rank in the prestigious Skytrax awards.
Dubai’s Emirates got ninth and Etihad tenth rank in the latest Skytrax World Airline Awards, Bloomberg reported yesterday.
Skytrax which decided the awards is a reputed independent aviation industry monitoring agency.
Qatar Airways is one of the world’s fastest growing airlines and recognised among an elite group of only six carriers with a ‘Five Star’ ranking for service and excellence awarded by Skytrax.
The airline’s cabin crew has been voted ‘Best in the Middle East’ for the fifth year running in 2007 by Skytrax following a survey of more than 15mn passengers worldwide.
Qatar’s flagbearer is rapidly expanding and will operate a fleet of some 110 aircraft by 2013 –- almost double the existing size.
In 2007, Qatar Airways ordered 80 Airbus A350s, together with 60 Boeing 787s and 32 Boeing 777s. The airline has ordered five of the twin-deck Airbus A380 ‘super jumbos’ scheduled for delivery from 2010.
Singapore Airlines was named as the best carrier in Skytrax’s World Airline Awards, edging out Cathay Pacific Airways.
The Singaporean carrier also won the best business-class award, Skytrax said in a statement on its website. Cathay Pacific won for best first-class cabin, with Asiana Airlines taking the economy-class prize.
Continental Airlines was named as best North American carrier, with Lufthansa winning the European title.
The awards were based on over 15mn interviews with travellers worldwide spread over 11 months, Skytrax said.
The other airlines that have figured in the top 10 Skytrax list are Qantas Airways, Thai Airways International, Asiana Airlines, Malaysian Airlines and Air New Zealand.

loc22550
13th Aug 2008, 05:15
"Qatar airways is among the world's 10 best airlines NOW...to "SECURE" a seventh rank...!"bla..bla bla...:\
ddd...
Lets forget about the usual propaganda.., let's have a look at the result:

In the world best airlines i can see:
Qatar airways has slide from the 4th(2007) to the 7th place (2008).(getting closer to EY and EK)(So QR was already in the top 10 in 2007!!), at the same time,ETIHAD has jumped from the 23rd place (2007) to the 10th place(2008)!Good job!

Cheers.

Sal-e
13th Aug 2008, 05:38
Maybe there should be an award for who looks after their crews the best.