PDA

View Full Version : Another prang in Namibia!!!??

Bob3213
12th Aug 2008, 14:57
Heard ol' "Cappie" did a wheels-up in Okonjima with D.Air's BE58!? Like they say: You get 2 type-a-pilots: Those who've done a wheels-up and those who is GOING to do one....:}

gerpols
12th Aug 2008, 17:01
If your talking of Thijs Rall, he is a honoured member of the.... "wheels up landing more than once club" ... for a long time...!!!
He should join the Olympics....he's great at it..!!!

Fly safe guys

Gary:ok:

Propellerpilot
12th Aug 2008, 20:04
Gary, before you mention people by name and spreading rumours, be sure you are talking about the right guy. I know Thys Rall(yes that is how you spell his name) has had his share in the past, however if you are familiar with the Namibian scene, you would know "Cappie" actually refers to someone totally different - definitely not Thys.

Doodlebug2
13th Aug 2008, 06:25
Well, that one seems capped!

Voel
13th Aug 2008, 07:03
Kaptein realised too late that the wheels were not out when the props hit the gravel. He gave power again and tried to go around. Bit difficult with bend props. He hit the bushes and fence at the end of the runway and flipped over. Apperantly aicraft broke into two.

And guess what? Passengers he and other aicraft were supposed to pick up decided to travel by road, as they saw what happended.

Bob3213
13th Aug 2008, 15:54
Now the cover-up story apparently is that the left gear collapsed on touch-down. I bet that is the story that the insurance will hear... :rolleyes: Eish.... all that paperwork.
Rumour #2: DAir's other 310 flared over Cappie's wreck and overshot on the other side of the runway!!?? Those cheetahs next to the r/w sure got a show when all this happened!! But that 310 is still flying? Or is it?

Propellerpilot
14th Aug 2008, 08:51
Was it TEM or JDD ?

Voel
14th Aug 2008, 15:13
It's JDD. I believe the second aircraft involved was V5TEM, but that's rumours only. It was not a C310 as it was FMB, TEM, and JDD going to pick up pax there

beechjock
20th Aug 2008, 19:09
Dear charter pilots
I see you walk the walk in town with your full outfit on, three stripes and all the glitters, hair gelled and shades close by. And then I think to myself you donīt have a clue do you?! And i have been proven right over the last few months. Read this article and see what the flying public thinks of you ace charter boys in whk and swakop!! Donīt you cowboys and gals think its time to work less on the image and more on actually doing your jobs safely without scaring people sh.tless or killing them?

Just a thought...

NewEra.com.na (http://www.newera.com.na/archives.php?id=22434)

Bob3213
23rd Aug 2008, 11:41
Hey bitching-jock! I paid a sh*t load of money to earn that pilot-look! I even sleep with my "bling" on and thanks to that new Loreal gel, my hair stays immaculate for a week! And just incase I loose my RayBan's, I got spare aviators in my flight bag next to my condoms. :cool:

Tom_Kitty
29th Aug 2008, 19:57
Voel

Heard the same story, saw the wreck and that 'version' of what happened makes sense. It would explain why the collapsed gear smashed the second half of the gear doors back into the wheel wells ... and the marks on the runway tell same story ... propeller marks, then what appears to be gear dragging, then the rest of the aircraft's skid marks ....:\

And no the plane did not break apart, good old Beechcraft workmanship ...