PDA

View Full Version : Psion 5MX - What do you use yours for?

micheal
23rd Dec 2001, 23:12
Just got a 5mx and interested to know what you use yours for? Any good pieces of software? Where is the best site for downloading?

Also would like to link the 5mx with my 8210 phone and make use of my free time, any internet providers have a geographic telephone number instead of the 0845 ones? the 0845 is not included in the free mins!!!

Cheers

[ 23 December 2001: Message edited by: MMG ]</p>

What_does_this_button_do?
24th Dec 2001, 01:44
What ISP do you use? I will see if I have the location dial in number.......

Specaircrew
24th Dec 2001, 03:04
I find mine useful for emailing, text messaging and phonebook editing on my triband phone or with the Psion IR modem.

BoeingBoy
24th Dec 2001, 12:52
BT openworld/internet is on 0121 4789200.

micheal
25th Dec 2001, 00:08
I want to use it for email, address, like Specaircrew says.

Top Stuff, BoeingBoy. I am with btopenworld, just the number i was looking for.

Any problems setting the email up?

Anyone using log book software? which one?

Cheers

Pengineer
25th Dec 2001, 12:16
I have an S5 with two flash cards 80 and 128M each, I have lots of A/C parts databases, avionic tooling databases, connectors/tooling spreadsheets. Compass swing and other test spreadsheets, a flying utility which works out all sorts of useful things (even though i don't actually fly). I also have an Acrobat reader on it which enables me to have almost the entire B737-3/4/500 maintenance manual which makes for a handy quick reference. With the acrobat reader you can have just about anything on it, especially if like me you have an acrobat creator. You can even save a whole website in pdf to view it at your leisure.
E-mail and internet of course, which is very easy to set up, you can even get a little program for writing your sms messages on your Psion then point it at your infra red mobile phone (mines a Nokia 6210) and away they go.
I've had Psions for years and I'd be lost without them, I keep about 5 backups located on two different computers and a CD just in case as I'd be lost without it.
Let me know if you need anything else.

invalid entry
25th Dec 2001, 17:36
I have a fabulous program on mine calleds Sierra7. It is an aviation database and can be used for weight and balance and performance calculations. It can be tailored to your own aircraft basic weight and index. Also I connect it to my basic GPS, and when used in a light aircraft operates as a moving map, showing your desired route, nearby navaids, airfields and coastlines. Altogether an extremely useful little program. If anyone is interested in it, let me know and I can pass on details. [email protected]

[ 25 December 2001: Message edited by: invalid entry ]</p>

allthatglitters
1st Jan 2002, 01:13
mine is a dust collector, in the bottom of a draw, as I spent a long time entering all those useful contact addresses and telephone numbers, etc, from my previous disorganiser. only to have to send it back for repair and all the data lost. IMPORTANT back it up. A CF (compact flash) card is a must for all your data..

[ 31 December 2001: Message edited by: All That Glitters ]</p>

allthatglitters
10th Jan 2002, 00:00
ASFKAP, the answer's still the same, as previous, I don't think I should offf load something I'm not happy with, I don't think I could listen to the comments if it failed, again.

[ 09 January 2002: Message edited by: All That Glitters ]</p>