PDA

View Full Version : Queen to perform in Namibia ?

dr27
12th Aug 2008, 12:52
With yet another aircraft crashing in Namibia Queen will shortly perform its popular song "Another one bites the dust"

In the last few weeks I noticed

2 X C-310
1 X C-206
1 X C-172
and now a Baron...

were involved in accidents. Eish, who is going to pay for that...

:ugh:

Voel
13th Aug 2008, 07:11
Queen will perform with Joan Armatrading, who will perform the song "drop that pilot".

The easiest whay to get hold of an aircraft in Namibia is to buy a piece of land and wait until an aircraft comes down on your property.

WhinerLiner
13th Aug 2008, 07:22
Not wanting to get in the way of homour of such quality, but perhaps a little respect for those injured/killed/left behind or otherwise harmed in these accidents would not go amiss.

Laughing at other peoples misery is unbecoming.

Lifes-a-Beech
13th Aug 2008, 10:25
This is a sick and tasteless post - I fail to see any humour in it

Phenom
14th Aug 2008, 12:56
I totally agree with Lifes-a-Beech, all those occurances are tarnishing the Namibian safety record and the aviation community at large. I think it's about time that everyone involved (Operators, Regulators and the Players) starts to think twice about the responsibilies on our shoulders before signon for duty. It's quite scary to be brief... Happy landings folks!

square-head
14th Aug 2008, 15:20
News article in the New Era

The aviation industry is awash with speculation that young inexperienced South African trained pilots may be using Namibia as a training ground to boost their flying hours.

Such speculation had reached the ministry, and it had earlier responded that such reports would be investigated as such actions can easily tarnish the image of the country.

Nengola said the expected report, and its recommendations, “would be based on hard facts and not rumours”.

Nengola further said a report on the air crash that happened in Olympia in January this year is in the final stage, while reports on the subsequent air crashes that happened in Swakopmund and near TransNamib training centre in Windhoek are entering the final stage.

Statistics from the Directorate of Civil Aviation indicate a steady increase of 14 percent in aircraft incidents occurrences since 2005, from 78 to 89 in 2007.

Incident occurrence refers to all air incidences including non-crashes, distress calls, and any incidence during mid-air, take-off and landing. In total, 250 cases were reported in the last three years, with the primary leading factor being human error.

Human errors include mismanagement of fuel, not compensating for density altitude, lack of proper training, exceeding the performance limitations of the aircraft, overloading the aircraft, unapproved modification and flying in adverse weather conditions.

Tom_Kitty
26th Aug 2008, 10:11
Phenom

I agree with your statement that everyone concerned should get involved. Unfortunately it will (9 out of 10 times) be blamed on "Pilot Error". He should not have done this, that or the other. etc etc etc.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is, why do we allow ourselves to be pushed into a corner? I for one have refused numerous times to oblige to the owners, operators demands. Needless to say it does not always go down well. (pun not intended:O).

Isn't it about time we start standing up for ourselves??

Phenom
26th Aug 2008, 20:10
100% right Tom Kitty, one has to draw a line somewhere and stand for what is right, why should I take a ‘shortcut’ when I know for a fact that when something goes wrong, all eyes will be on me? I believe that things are going the way they are right now because we chose to have it that way…