View Full Version : Virgin Atlantic Notice Period

I Just Want To Fly
12th Aug 2008, 12:33
Does anyone know how much notice I have to give if I resign. I am CC and have been with VS for just under 2 years.

Cheers,

IJWTF

Appologies for creating a new thread, I couldn't find the VS thread.

Trishaturbulance
12th Aug 2008, 15:00
Should be a month. I'd worked 2 and a half years and I was given a month from handing in my resignation letter to my last date of employment, although I only ended up working for half of the month (for reasons still unknown!).

Need to Know Basis
13th Aug 2008, 11:57
I assume you are employed by VS in the UK ? From memory, employee has to give one weeks notice. The employer 1 month if vice versa. UK Employment Law supercedes any work contract because....its the Law !

But best google it......I last looked at it 18 months ago so best check it out yourself.

G-TTIC
13th Aug 2008, 14:10
The law sets out the minimums. If the contract requires more, then that is what you're bound to give. You signed the contract and entered into a legally binding agreement with the company which you must honour. Do you really think all these contracts say 1 month for the fun of it?

Cyber Bob
14th Aug 2008, 14:32
One month - fact! - Look at the terms and conditions within your contract of employment.