PDA

View Full Version : IT just will not load.

info4u
26th Nov 2000, 20:31
Hi to all;
Everything seems to be OK but I just do not know why the Pprune chat page does not load , this has been going on for more than a month,at times I just minimize the window and wait!!; Finally- I just give up!
I use IE the newest version,and have no problems.
I can go on chat on other websites so I know the config. is fine.
Please help / advice.
Thanks .

info4u
26th Nov 2000, 20:36
Hi:
It's me again! Forgot to mention I am connected by a cable, and have loads of memory plus 128 RAM.

bodger
26th Nov 2000, 20:46
Are you behind a firewall?

R O Tiree
27th Nov 2000, 04:07
info4u - if you are running ZoneAlarm, for example (it comes highly recommended by many on these forums) you will find that pprune chat will play funny bu&&ers. Sometimes it will refuse to load, sometimes it will let you in and then bin you out of chat.

If you are going to use pprune chat, either disable ZoneAlarm, get another firewall program that allows pprune chat to carry on unmolested, or avoid chat altogether http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Flypuppy
27th Nov 2000, 13:08
I have a laptop and after I was upgraded to Win2000, I had similar problems at home, but no problems at work, behind a firewall (not that I would waste my employers time in that manner, oh no, not me).

By changing ISP the problem solved itself. So why not try a different ISP just as an experiment?

redsnail
27th Nov 2000, 13:13
I use Zone alarm. No hassles with chat. Although I did tell it to accept that chat.

------------------
reddo...feral animal!

info4u
1st Dec 2000, 23:31
Hi:
I have a program called Lockdown 2000, and also recently downloaed ZoneAlarm.
As I am not too Pc literate can someone advice me as to what I should do so I can avail of the chat forums. Changing ISP is not possible--too much of a headache!
Need to know should I uninstall Lockdown 2000 now that I have ZoneAlarm?

Lockdown 2000 is a program that starts with Windows and though it shows the ISP of a hacker--sounds a siren,it always is Rogers in different parts of Vancouver etc, no real hackers! Also I am not that important to be hacked!!
Well? any advice/suggestions /tips??
Thanks