PDA

View Full Version : Cpl Exams

aintboeingaintgoing
11th Aug 2008, 18:23
Hi All

I was wondering if anyone could help me, I am about to sit 4 SA CAA CPL exams so that I can add the SA CPL subjects to the JAA ATPL subjects. My books arrived today and I have had a look through then and there don’t seem to be that many surprises in them so hopefully it will be fine! I was wondering if there is any advice you guys can pass on, for example when I did the UK exams I did not find out about the Bristol question bank until the last minute and knowing about that earlier would have helped loads….

So what I am asking is there anything I should know before getting studying, is there a practice question bank with similar questions to what I will be getting in the exams? I have noticed that the questions at the end of each chapter have only 3 choices for the answers, is that what I can expect in the exam or is it the usual 4 I am used to?

Do you know if I can use the CRP 5 in the exams, and are we allowed to use the flight computer?

Thanks for your help in advance and if there is anything that you can think of that I should know about please let me know

airwolf29382000
12th Aug 2008, 11:00
Hey

When I wrote exams last year it was still 3 choices dont know whether they changed it but I dont think they have.

I know there are a CD available with examinations on them, contact some of the pilot shops in your area.

Good Luck

Bucket
12th Aug 2008, 18:54
Unless things have changed it's still 3 possible answers. CRP's are allowed as well as the electronic flight computers which are a tad more accurate but be sure you know how to use one!

I thought there were seven CPL exams not four??

:ok:

PM me if I can be of help. Did the same thing a few years ago...

Ajax 28
13th Aug 2008, 13:57
I am hitting the ATP exams starting next month... any suggestions on what material to use?

I got Avex already, and seen FTC notes.. just wonder if there is anything better with more / different question banks attached..