PDA

View Full Version : Compaq ipaq

PurplePitot
25th Nov 2000, 21:51
Now there's a sexy gadget!

Does anybody know whether pocket excel on the ipaq can generate graphs (like the graph facility on the psion5) for CogG etc?

ACARS
5th Jan 2001, 00:15
I have the compaq ipaq pocket pc. It rocks.

Excel is on it. Works fine. However only problem I had was with forumlas. When I transferred a file from my pocket PC to my desktop, all formulars on the worksheet were missing. Maybe it was something I did, but I haven't got around to playing with it.

loglickychops
5th Jan 2001, 04:53
Either of you guys thought about/know anything about connecting a GPS to you iPAQ? I'm looking for a moving map to interface with it.

Would appreciate your comments

ACARS
5th Jan 2001, 19:17
I'm waiting for the GPS jacket to come out. Sure, it will probably cost $400. But it will be a good toy.

BOAC
30th Nov 2003, 16:55
POCKET EXCEL WMobile 2002

Have just acquired an IPAQ 3870. Quite a machine! HOWEVER - I have searched high and low to find a list/guide to the Excel functions that WILL work on the pocket versions.

Anyone found one please?

Front_Seat_Dreamer
1st Dec 2003, 02:19
The only formulas I trust on my pocket pc are + - * /

Having used it for the last couple of years I found it to be hugely unreliable with even slightly more basic ones.

GPS works fantastically on my new iPaq I used to have an older model with a sleeve but it was sometimes flaky and quickly returned to the shop. New on however connects when in car and is truly fantastic.

BOAC
2nd Dec 2003, 03:32
ASFKAP - not quite! (well, it IS WINDOWS!!!)
Synchronising is simple, and files in the transfer bucket whistle over, including spreadsheets, but File conversion takes place (to a 'pxl' format. On 'PExcel' a number of main Excel fns do not work. I have tracked down a few, but there is a dearth of 'help' info anywhere. MS do not seem to offer any.

I had a few minutes today on a longish sector to get a bit of it working, but the trouble I'm having is converting/re-writing the various processes (it is a load sheet prog) to run on PE. A PE 'simulator' for the desktop would be very useful!

Front_Seat_Dreamer
2nd Dec 2003, 04:44
TCS - I use a windows terminal services to connect to Citrix/Win2k terminal server.

I would like to say it is good but theres a hell of a lot of scrolling involved but for looking after the servers remotely it is rather handy.

BOAC
3rd Dec 2003, 04:03
Found this (http://casio.monacocorp.co.nz/cassiopeia/eseries/e115/pocketexcelfunctions.htm) for P Excel functions

Front_Seat_Dreamer
3rd Dec 2003, 04:13
BOAC

I stand corrected it does more than my mobile can do :confused:

Anyone think that they will use more than say 10-15 of them?

Keef
3rd Dec 2003, 08:30
I've got some pretty hefty Excel sheets on my iPaq, transferred over from the PC, and they all work fine. Even the several-megabyte Churchyard file (who's buried where, when, etc).

The "basic" Excel functions work in Pxl, but not much else. My Pilot's log from the PC went without a hitch; my Lat/Long to NGR converter laughed at me.

I wasn't impressed with the GPS sleeve - but others seem to like it.

There is a serious bug in the MS diary software in the iPaq, that caught me out. If you scroll back and forwards looking for a free day for something, it will after a couple of "passes" not display multi-day events (like being on holiday). So you book up something else...

I dumped the "provided" diary, and use Pocket Informant, which is brilliant.

BOAC
3rd Dec 2003, 18:57
Well, a steep learning curve, but still reckon this machine is 'the dog's doodahs'! All sorted now, progs running on the PDA. A bit of tweaking, mainly to change the 'Lookup' refs to 'V' and 'HLookup'

BOAC
21st Dec 2003, 17:57
Another IPAQ question for the experts!

Following an 'uninstall', I am left with a shortcut in 'Programs' which has no link. Where are these held in Pocket Win2002 and can (should!!) I get at the registry to play?

Keef
21st Dec 2003, 21:48
Run "File Explorer"

Go to My Device - Windows - Start Menu and look there.

If it's not there, look in the menus under that.

If you don't have File Explorer... get it!

BOAC
22nd Dec 2003, 02:17
Hello again, Keef. Thanks - I tried that and it was NOT showing anywhere!

I found the answer which is to connect via 'activesync' and then explore the IPAQ and the shortcut was there (and now deleted!). You can also ADD shortcuts via 'AS'. I assume there is some setting on the IPAQ I have not made to enable me to 'see' all the files.

BOAC
22nd Dec 2003, 15:28
Where are these held in Pocket Win2002 and can (should!!) I get at the registry to play?

A bit more searching, and for anyone else who needs it -
link (http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/)

phnuff
22nd Dec 2003, 23:47
After years of Psion (GREAT MACHINES), and Palm, I finally got around to getting an 'HP' iPaq (4150)

As a confirmed anti Windows bigot it hurts to say it, but , boy does it eat the other machines for breakfast.