PDA

View Full Version : Crew Control - Vol. 1

Hellenic aviator
11th Aug 2008, 11:28
Am having difficulty finding any reference so I'll just ask....

Does anyone have any reference to the fact that Crew Control can only take you off a trip assigned for 2 reasons - Aircraft type change or Training Duty. And if they do, they shall either assign you Reserve or, if there is sufficient reserve coverage, they'll assign you an 'O' Day (yeah riiiight :hmm: )

I found an excerpt under 4-3-10, Para 16.1 stating that Published Rosters will not be changed for the sole purpose of avoiding or reducing EFP, but that's not quite what I am looking for.

I have searched throughout Vol. 1 and could've sworn there was something in there about when CC can change your Rostered flights.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

hongkongfooey
11th Aug 2008, 22:58
Published Rosters will not be changed for the sole purpose of avoiding or reducing EFP

Jeez, would like to have that little gem at KA :{

Hellenic aviator
12th Aug 2008, 06:41
Jizz,

Do I have any recourse if I ask to be put on the original flights and CC refuse to do so ?

I don't see how they can just change your assigned duty say due to Training or Aircraft Type change, give you reserve, then when you find out that the original flight is back to 'normal ops', you can ask for it back without any reference backing from Vol 1 to "smack 'em upside the head with" (as much as I would love to do this literally).

This ****e seems more grey than B&W.....at least to me.:ugh:

Humber10
12th Aug 2008, 17:06
I've flown with a few people this has happend to, they did exactly what you are saying (due ot, training...) and they got their original flights back.

I have also been told by someone that they got their overtime paid out, after a trip upstairs to sort it out, as the swap was clearly not for training!!

Who ever gave away credit for reserve should be shot..... :ugh:

Mr. Bloggs
13th Aug 2008, 02:13
Crew Control will input into Crew Direct an aircraft change. It may or may not have pilots assigned but will show an aircraft type change. Several days later or as the date approaches, the original aircraft type with one or two new pilots.:uhoh:

Crew Control will do this with Training but not as often, the aircraft change is simple.:rolleyes:

I have watched this happen and called Crew Control to be put back on the original flight and they did.:D

Crew Controllers are trying it on and saving EFP with the sanction of the GMA.:eek: If the crew controllers get caught, they are given a slap on the wrist by the GMA. Wink Wink.:sad:

Crew Controllers are saving the company heaps of money doing this and it is only you who can stop it. Either you want the money or don’t, it’s your decision.:ok:

They have been doing it for years but most don’t want to put their head above the parapet by asking to be put back on the original flight. It’s that fear thing “The Management” adores so much.:ugh::ugh:

Will we ever learn?:=

iflyplanes
15th Aug 2008, 11:51
If the flight gets changed back and they dont put you back on the flight then do two things:

1. report it using JRC link in CD - its get summarised for the AOA and JRC to review at the end of the month.

2. Drop a quick email to [email protected] and just let them know it is going on. It will be looked at and you will get an answer.

if you dont tell anyone then no one will know. your voice - be heard.

IFP.

BlunderBus
16th Aug 2008, 04:01
i think murray G would be happy to admit that was his stroke of genius...amazing what ego does to rational thought.