PDA

View Full Version : The Real Cost Uplifting Fuel At Newcastle International

BLEED-AIR
11th Aug 2008, 11:28
Recently I telephoned Samson Jet Centre on the Southside (GA Terminal) for rates uplifting fuel JET A1 during the day and just after 20.00 Hrs local. My Aircraft a A109E Power and a A109 Grande. The add on rates are as follows:-

Landing Fee A109E £28.00 + VAT Handling Day £55.00 + VAT Parking Free Two Hours Jet A1 £0.82.03 + VAT Per Litre
Landing Fee A109 Grande £36.60 + VAT Handling Day £55.00 + VAT Parking Free For Two Hours Jet A1 Rate Same.

To land on After 20.00 Hrs Landing Fee same as previously Quoted but Handing a STAGGERING £95.00 + VAT with a Minimum Fee of Three Hours

£285.00 + VAT ( Centre Closes 20.00 Hrs Summer) My request involved landing at 2010 each evening. Overnight Parking £24.00 + VAT.

It is claimed they support GA Traffic who can afford these prices !!!!

I enquired about alternative sites in the area for fuel to be told the Newcastle Heliport was available but expensive - I doubt this statement. Further enquiries unearthed Elwood HLS Rates Landing and Parking Overnight Free with CCTV protection. H24 No Handling or out of hours Fee. Fuel £0.70 inc VAT shortly to rise to £0.75 inc per litre. Free Food, packed lunch, weather, A/G, and night lights.

Who really Promotes competative rates these days - certainly not Commercial Airports.:eek:

md 600 driver
11th Aug 2008, 11:37
bleed air

robin at elwood will do you a stirling job check the cost of fuel i think its a tad more expensive now [fuel always going up ] his wife makes the best flapjack ive ever had youve got to try it

bagby is also good no landing fees with fuel check first

my home base breighton airfield near selby will also do you a good deal, and a after hours could possibly be arranged , no landing fees also if fuel taken

i belive also that multiflight at leeds do free landing with fuel purchase check first

steve

misterbonkers
11th Aug 2008, 19:37
Robin at Elwood is your best bet and the bacon butties are the best around!

nigel f
11th Aug 2008, 20:29
Bleed Air,
I had the same experiance at Newcastle a while back, I didnt know about Robin at Elwood then.

I did damage part of the garden furnature at Robins, so now I have to stand when I visit.

I have never been back to Newcastle since.

Nigel

md 600 driver
12th Aug 2008, 05:55
nigel
they dont make chairs in your size