PDA

View Full Version : Golf - The Mindless ones

aviate1138
11th Aug 2008, 08:30
Why do the mindless morons that follow personas like Tiger Woods, Padraigh Harrington etc have to scream out, a millisecond after their 'hero' hits the ball, from the tee/fairway/bunker......

"GET IN THE HOLE!"

Stewards should be employed to face the spectators and pinpoint the idiots, so that their mouths can be closed tight with duct tape. Or chucked out for the duration. Both. :rolleyes:

Monday Morning and feeling snitty......

Krystal n chips
11th Aug 2008, 08:42
Because they are as deranged and obessed as those who play the :mad: game.....why do you need to ask ?.

However, there is one potential use for a golf course. Nice long fairways, plus cut grass = decent field landing strip for a glider.....my ambition being to land on the most exclusive / expensive club fairway, run on to the green...heave on the wheel brake...and boot the rudder in..... hard !....:E

Parapunter
11th Aug 2008, 09:11
S'true. I have had occasion more than once to be thankful for Dunstable downs golf club & their runway a.k.a. the 12th.

Smeagol
11th Aug 2008, 12:56
Just beware of fairway bunkers!

.....and the odd irate golfer. A 3-iron around the head tends to smart a bit!

Dee747
11th Aug 2008, 13:35
Stewards should be employed to face the spectators and pinpoint the idiots, so that their mouths can be closed tight with duct tape. Or chucked out for the duration. Both.

Totally agree - especially when the morons call out around the tee at a par 4 or 5 !!!! Is it just my selective hearing, or are the culprits almost exclusively our colonial cousins? Which if true, might explain a lot really .....

larssnowpharter
11th Aug 2008, 15:27
So, let's get this straight.

You blame the Yanks, right?

Fairy snuff.

NVpilot
11th Aug 2008, 15:53
Total morons, is this just an American thing? :confused:

Standard Noise
11th Aug 2008, 16:13
Of course not, the English are good at the whole 'moron' thing as well.:}

traveler
11th Aug 2008, 17:49
you guys actually watch this game ?
:rolleyes:

con-pilot
11th Aug 2008, 18:20
you guys actually watch this game ?

Watch it and play it, great fun and good times. :ok:

(I do not yell "Get in the hole!", well except when I'm putting to win a bet. :p)

traveler
11th Aug 2008, 22:26
The playing .. okay.
Everyone I talk to who does seems to like it a lot.
( So two options I see, don't start or dive in full. I'll wait. )
But watching ?? Hmmm :zzz: ... Oh look, crayons !

Fantome
11th Aug 2008, 23:11
Agreed, there is a large crass element in the gallery and some of the stars are given to annoying ape like gestures, (same thing degrades tennis, too), but the game will ever have it's fine traditions.

In a gentler age, a champion, Odette Lefevre, was set to drive of the first tee at Royal Sydney. She topped the ball. For a moment, embarrassed silence. Then a stage whisper from the gallery: "Odette, where is thy swing?"

If you want to read more about landing on golf courses look through Maurice Kirk's website. You could be there for a few days.