PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Pilot Job..Please help???

scavalenger
10th Aug 2008, 13:26
Hi Guys,

I am Australian citizen, I hold Australian CPL and FAA CPL/ ME IR, completed FAA ATP theory exam. I have 700 TT, 150 ME Turbine Time...There's nothing happening here in AU and I need US Green Card to work in the States so I am looking for a better job anywhere else around the world where I can fly any turbo props or Jet would even be better. I am willing to pay for type rating only if that company 100% hires me. I am flying charter at the moment on Cessna 210 so I would fly for anything bigger than my little sparrow. Any of you guys got contacts and news about regional airlines recruiting news, please help and I would be very much appreciated!!

Wish you guys have fair weather and always blue skies!

Scava
(Desperate Pilot)

WIKI44
10th Aug 2008, 14:59
strange. i thought the market was doing quite well in Oz, what with the cancelled flights due to lack of crew.... From what I heard as well, a lot of charter guys had migrated to regionals.... And jobs available "up north". Guess I heard wrong....

Still it can't be THAT bad out there. Atleast you have a well established GA industry down under, and you have your 210 to fly meanwhile.

In India nothing much is happening for a foreign national with your qualifications. You can try your luck but no one can guarantee a job. I don't think any outfits are hiring FOs. You are about a year too late for that.

anito4a
11th Aug 2008, 01:39
Sorry mate, don't think any airlines in China are looking for Cessna 210 drivers. Infact, I don't even think there's a C210 in the whole of China. Plenty of jobs for type rated jet captains, though.

rdr
11th Aug 2008, 11:31
Hang in there with what you have, at the same time, keep your ear to the ground. Moving to the heavies is a question of supply and demand. At the moment, things are pretty turbulent. Stay in touch with the various agencies for info on jobs which will accept just a type rating and no time.
Good luck

organic3
11th Aug 2008, 12:16
why dont you just stick to what you are doing. you need experience. funny how young pilots these days just expect a turboprop/jet job asap. it takes time.

scavalenger
11th Aug 2008, 13:23
Thanks for the reply guys...They do need pilots here in AU in some regional airlines or major airlines such as Jetstar, Virgin Blue etc but all of them requires 500 multi PIC..Soon I will be moving up to twin engine however I am not targetting to get into AU airliners becasue I don't have AU ATPL but completed all FAA. I know Cathy wants 1000 TT for SO but if I built up more on twin hrs, hopefully I could get in. Or Viva Macau chief pilot once wrote to me that all he is looking for is 1000TT, 500 multi crew turbine.

Sure I'll hang in here with what I've got and look out for more infos. Cheers guys!