PDA

View Full Version : Also have refresh problems!!

4th Feb 2001, 14:39
I also have refresh problems when looking at pprune. I have tried everything!!! Deleted all my cookies, history, refresh button, reset the preferences and yet the forum, whatever one it is that I look at gets stuck on the first time I look at it for the day.

For instance if I look at a forum at 9am, it will not refresh throughout the whole day and stay with those same posts I looked at at that time. Even with the computer perhaps being disconnected, turned off a few times a day it, 'freezes' on the 'morning' posts.

It only refreshes the next day the first time I turn the computer on??

I have windows internet explorer, latest version. This problem only started about two weeks ago.

Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

PPRuNe Dispatcher
4th Feb 2001, 15:30
I'm not familiar with IE5.5, but with IE5 you should do the following :
Click on the Tools/Internet options menu item
Click on the Settings... button, which is next to the Delete Files... button.
Make sure that the "Check for newer versions of stored pages" is set to "Every visit to the page".

---PPD

ExSimGuy
5th Feb 2001, 11:16
Even with the "every visit" setting, I seem to get a similar problem. I'm assuming it's due to cacheing on the "National Firewall Servers" in the country where I live.

I have found that the solution here is to click on the "refresh", and then click refresh again just as the page begins to load onto the top of the screen.

Don't ask me why this works, but it seems to with the system that I work through :)

------------------
What Goes Around . . . . .
. . often makes a better landing

Bird Strike
6th Feb 2001, 19:00
Usually, I find that keeping Shift key pressed while I click on Refresh sorts the problem out.

Scallywag
7th Feb 2001, 04:07
Never encountered this problem before - until tonight, has my 5.5 thrown a wobbly ? Options are all set OK and it usually refreshes with the latest entry. I'll try tomorrow.

ps. Thanks BirdStrike, Shift/Refresh does the trick

[This message has been edited by Scallywag (edited 07 February 2001).]

Lurk R
8th Feb 2001, 09:42
I have a similar problem in that my browser always shows the address up top as www.pprune.org/ (http://www.pprune.org/) irrespective of which thread I'm looking at. If I press refresh, it returns back to the pprune home page so to look at the most recent post, I have to "shift" and click to get the thread in a new browser window and then press refresh. I also need to use this method if I want to cut and paste the thread address somewhere as it is only listed in full when I open in a new window...