PDA

View Full Version : 757/767 pilots have to see this

PolarMoosE
3rd Feb 2001, 21:32
http://www.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/4926.html

Scroll all the way down and take a look at that picture!

PolarMoosE

SFly
3rd Feb 2001, 21:57
Well it's pretty realistic for a simulator thing (especially the dreadful Microsoft ones) and everything is really where it should be, but the screen displays aren't as realistic as they could be. I would like to use this one for simulator occasionally, but I wouldn't pay money for it.

PolarMoosE
4th Feb 2001, 00:02
What exactly is not like it should be?

Martin

Pat Pong
4th Feb 2001, 00:29
PolarMoosE

Who ever built the scene has done a fine job. Every effort has obviously been made to provide authenticity so the following is offered as constructive critism.
1. Once "locked on" to an ILS the TMSP will annunciate GA mode - not CRZ.
2. The fuel flows are WAY out. 6 tonnes per hour per engine with a little over 50% N1 is ludicrous. A 767 doesn't even burn that per hour (total fuel flow) in the initial stages of the cruise at high gross weights with power settings in excess of 90% N1.
Hope this helps.

PolarMoosE
4th Feb 2001, 01:06
I should add:

1. The person who made this is a pilot on a 767.

2. The picture represents an early version, the fuel flows are much more accurate now.

3. As for the annunciations I don't know if it has been fixed.

Anyway, I was just impressed by the shot. I'm in no way affiliated with the maker.

Martin

eeper
4th Feb 2001, 01:14
Where are the EPR indications? Still, looks bloody good though.

Is it based on the Fly! engine? And shouldn't this be in the computers section?

JJflyer
4th Feb 2001, 01:17
GE engine does not use EPR rather N1 for thrust ref.

JJ

VH_KAM
16th Feb 2001, 05:47
Must say it is a big jump from anything Microsoft have made...

Overall it looks pretty good, glad to see the autopilot can actually cope with config changes during an ILS, it sounds great generally works very well.

Pity its missing the pressurisation panel, and the EICAS message inhibits aren't very accurate....Some FMC SIDs and STARs would have been nice like in the Precision 744 FMC, but hey, Im sure ill spend another AUD$80 or so when an arrival and departure addon is for sale !!!!