PDA

View Full Version : Rick Astley

Farrell
9th Aug 2008, 07:53
Never Gonna Give You Up, Never Gonna Let You Dowwwwwwn......

Twenty years can make a hell of difference, especially when an artist gets to call his own shots.

Rick Astley's new album - Keep It Turned On......go out and buy it!

Golden Ticket
9th Aug 2008, 08:43
I got dragged by g/f to a concert in Brighton where Rick Astley was the closing act. Usual pleadings from me to leave early (work tomorrow, bus to catch and all that). Watched him any way and he was brilliant and great voice.

I need to lie on the sofa now with a beer whilst watching blokey sort of films and football stuff and farting. Just to redress the balance.

Alloa Akbar
9th Aug 2008, 17:38
Farrell

"Rick Ghastly"....? Is this some kind of sick joke? What do you think this is..?? People like you should be removed from society, I mean Rick Ghastly for chrissakes?? Whats next.. Sonia revival gigs? Dude you have definately been drinking liquid soap again.. Rick Ghastly.. holy crap, next you'll be telling us you watch "Neighbours".:ugh:

(No I haven't actually heard it, but a man of your stature should know better than even suggest such an outrage publicly)

:p
AA

Farrell
9th Aug 2008, 17:41
I still stand by what I said......he's brilliant.

Go and listen to the album :)

Conan The Barber
9th Aug 2008, 18:06
Do not ask why, but curiosity drove me to discover that 'Keep It Turned On' is neither new nor the latest.

Get with the programme, mate.

Re-entry
10th Aug 2008, 01:30
This is a joke post obviously.

The one hit wonder from 198x.

It's probably on youtube .AAARRGGHH.::{

handbag
10th Aug 2008, 02:35
Farrell!! Please call the man in the white coat to take you back to the soft cell.

CityofFlight
10th Aug 2008, 05:02
Next thing....he's a closet Fanilow.

Richard Taylor
10th Aug 2008, 07:09
Speaking of Youtube, I believe part of his "comeback?" could be attributed to people hijacking various videos on Youtube at random & replacing the topic with a vid of Astley's biggest hit.

Also was there not instances of "flashmobbing" with a Rick Astley theme? :eek:

Stock Aitken & Waterman have a LOT to answer for...:}

Firestorm
10th Aug 2008, 07:26
Where are the Mods when you need them? Or the men in white coats with the BIG syringe....?

ShyTorque
10th Aug 2008, 10:26
Rick Astley? I think he's really good. As a gardener.

Obviously not enough money in cabbages, carrots and peas. :rolleyes:

Brewster Buffalo
10th Aug 2008, 10:29
Stock Aitken & Waterman have a LOT to answer for...:}Yes, Kylie :D

Richard Taylor
10th Aug 2008, 19:33
(i'll make an exception for kylie...) :E

Selfloading
10th Aug 2008, 20:51
Yeah but Kylie wasn't at her best until she finished with S.A.W :ok:

Parapunter
10th Aug 2008, 22:15
Farrell son, if you really rate our Rick, there is only one of two possibilities:

1) You have no taste & are a musical retard.

2) Given that musical retardation is generally reserved for girls (Westlife, Paul Young, Shakespeares Sister etc) the only other possibility is you're not getting out enough.

I prescribe a radio moratorium & six months Q & Mojo reading to get your rawk on.

Lee Norberg
10th Aug 2008, 22:43
For all of you guys across the pond:

YouTube - Rick Roll (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU)

Lee N.:ok: