PDA

View Full Version : Olympic "Junket" ....why?

chiglet
8th Aug 2008, 21:19
Read in the papers today.....:{ that is going to cost us, the Taxpayer. 7.000,000 plus to "Participate,and show the Olympics"....why?
Gormless Gord has [possibly] got to be there. Umpteen Civil Serpents????
BBC...ALL the "hangers on". Why are they there? It is a "Common TV FEED" as in ALL so called "International Sporting Events". So why should we pay for a muppet to spout gibberish into a microphone in China, when said muppet "could" be in a nice little booth in London?
Eurosport do it for FREE....
I will NOT be watching....and IF I could opt out of the TV Tax, sorry BBC Licence to print money,.....:mad:
watp,iktch

Flypuppy
8th Aug 2008, 21:28
Eurosport do it for FREE....

They don't. You pay for it in other ways, call it a stealth tax on everything you buy that is advertised on commercial tv, if that makes you feel better.

I have a feeling that if the BBC & government were not in China someone else would be whining that we were not being properly represented blah blah blah. :ugh:

I may be wrong, but I suspect all the other countries in the world that are participating have high level delegations representing them at the opening ceremony. It could have something to do with it being the premier sporting event on the planet.

Rollingthunder
8th Aug 2008, 21:43
"I suspect all the other countries in the world that are participating have high level delegations "

Well we didn't send PM Happer, sent Minister of Ext Affairs or Min of Defense or some such.

If it was Min of Def....he could better occupy his time pounding a table at Boeing with a shoe asking why they can only deliver the Chinooks two years late and we have to lease Russian choppers for seven years to make up the shortfall....or why the supply ship contract has not been adequately negotiated with Canadian shipyards and some retired Admiral is in discussions with shipyards in the Netherlands.