PDA

View Full Version : 'R6009 Run Time Error'

mcdhu
2nd Nov 2001, 15:09
When I shut down my pc from W98, The screen comes up with 'R6009 Run time error - press any key to continue'. On pressing any key, it will shut down as normal and, if you don't, it will shut down anyway after a pause of a minute or so. Not a huge problem, more a minor irritation. Can anyone tell me what this is all about and how to cure it please?
Cheers
mcdhu

Evo7
2nd Nov 2001, 15:22
Do you have a Soundblaster Live card?

mcdhu
2nd Nov 2001, 16:29
Yup, Soundblaster Live 1020 - as far as I can ascertain!
Cheers
mcdhu

Evo7
2nd Nov 2001, 17:05
OK, it's probably a Soundblaster TSR that is taking up too much memory for the Windows shutdown environment. Try looking in autoexec.bat and REM'ing any SBINIT statements, then rebooting.

mcdhu
5th Nov 2001, 12:58
EVO7, thanks for that. Couldn't see anything as you describe on Aotoexec.bat, but I wasn't sure where exactly I should have been looking. The message on shutdown reads, more precisely. 'R6009 runtime error.......not enough space for environment' and only appeared after loading some fairly hefty games. I have plenty of memory etc. The message still appeared after I uninstalled all games etc.
Any further thoughts?
Cheers
mcdhu

Evo7
5th Nov 2001, 13:32
I had the error you're talking about when I installed a SB live card in my machine (hence my first guess). After a bit of hunting online I found that it could be caused by the SB dos emulation drivers, which can be started by a SBINIT command in autoexec.bat - removing that fixed it for me.

Can you take a look at Device Manager -> SBlive (whatever it is called!) -> Properties and see if DOS emulation gets enabled there? If it is then try turning it off and rebooting.

If that fails then let me know and I'll try and find the info I tracked down when I was having problems. It's out there somewhere... :)