PDA

View Full Version : F/O to Captain

flyvirgin
8th Aug 2008, 20:01
Hey all,
I was just wondering once a first officer has enough hours with an airline how does he proceed on to being a captain.
Just a bit curious.
Thanks all.:ok:

x213a
8th Aug 2008, 21:30
Firstly he would need to look into upgrading the watch he wears (increase the size) then secondly needs to start reading the daily Telegraph.

Captain Stable
8th Aug 2008, 21:54
He also needs to move his political views to the right, wear half-moon glasses, gain a couple of alimony cases against him and start to remember how things were when he was a raw FO and rail against the youngsters coming into the airline nowadays.

Loose rivets
8th Aug 2008, 22:17
I know what it's like when one has just moved to the left. When things get sh!!ty, you look to the left for advice...and just see your own ashen face looking back at you.

DX Wombat
8th Aug 2008, 23:44
how does he proceed on to being a captain.
Bribery? Corruption? Blackmail? Murder of other captains to make a space for himself to be promoted? Creeping, crawling and fawning to the Management? :confused:
I haven't a clue. :}

G-CPTN
8th Aug 2008, 23:53
Marrying the offspring of the CEO of the airline has its benefits in this objective, I believe . . .

vapilot2004
9th Aug 2008, 00:09
Be patient. 3-8 years ought to do it depending on others bad luck, your own relative luck and the size of your.............,,,company.

fernytickles
9th Aug 2008, 04:06
Most important of all, change from being a him to being a Her :E

Metro man
9th Aug 2008, 06:33
Gain weight, lose hair, turn grey. Look at the Gen Dec and realise you are old enough to be the father of most of the cabin crew. Could you be described as a boring old fart ? Do you believe the younger generation these days, have no respect ? You can't believe what society's coming to ?

If so get into the books, your turn's coming soon. :E

Squealing Pig
9th Aug 2008, 11:01
I belive the procedure to gain a command carries a substantial risk of getting sweetcorn on ones nose.

Howard Hughes
9th Aug 2008, 11:06
Once your hand flying skills deterorate to a suitable level, I am sure they will make you Captain...;)

traveler
9th Aug 2008, 14:26
Howard is right. Once you can let the young one fly even if he scares you silly, you are getting pretty close.

Oh, and mark C on all the multiple choice questions. You're bound to score the required 80 percent.

DX Wombat
9th Aug 2008, 15:18
Oh, and mark C on all the multiple choice questions. You're bound to score the required 80 percent:confused: I thought it was "D". :( Or is that just for the PPL exams?

Lon More
9th Aug 2008, 17:41
Turn to the FE and say, "Help me get that dead bastard out of my seat." ?

flyvirgin
9th Aug 2008, 18:03
thanks for the sarcastic comments.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flyvirgin
9th Aug 2008, 18:45
Basil,
Cheers mate, someone with a bit of "common sense".
All i wanted was a answer

flyvirgin
9th Aug 2008, 18:52
Does the same F/O and CAPTAIN fly with eachother on each flight

traveler
9th Aug 2008, 19:40
You do realise they have 'serious' sections on these pages, right ?
You stumbled into the 'bar' of sorts.

.. and no, pilots don't fly together all the time.
It depends on the size of the company and how many pilots there are on your aircraft type.
You will meet guys again but often it's someone new.

Steak&Kidney_Pie
9th Aug 2008, 20:49
(MEN)

I thought that your willy had to be over 10 inches long, or otherwise you have to have a car suitable to "extended" the extra distance.

I can't afford a Rolls-Royce...