PDA

View Full Version : Restrictions on water/luggage for flights

DAL208
8th Aug 2008, 11:35
Sorry if in wrong forum.

Friend and I travelling to Prague in a few days, we chose not to book any bags to be checked in (10 per bag grrrr). However, only just thought, we will want to bring deodorant, shower gel etc...what are rules on liquids nowadays...its been ages since flown or heard anything about it.

Cheers!

youngskywalker
8th Aug 2008, 11:45
The 10ml limit remains I'm afraid. I would just go to the travel section at superdrug and buy the toiletries that you need, they are all under 10ml's. I think the supermarkets do minature toiletries aswell now.

G-CPTN
8th Aug 2008, 11:55
If staying in central Prague, there is a branch of Mr T Esco's store (http://www.pragueexperience.com/places.asp?PlaceID=790) at Narodni 26.
Buy a 3-day (or however long you are staying) travel pass (http://www.pragueexperience.com/travel_flights/public_transportation.asp) and after dumping your bags at the hotel take the tram and explore . . .

DAL208
8th Aug 2008, 12:11
ah yes i remember that tescos from last time. sounds good cheers!

John Eacott
8th Aug 2008, 12:14
There's also a Marks and Sparks, which is cheaper than M & S in London: but the rest of the prices in Prague are disgustingly expensive, compared to travelling most other places in Europe. Even more expensive than Italy :eek:

Back to the topic, it's 100ml, not 10ml, for UK Airports. Bristol Airport site refers:

Security & Liquid Restrictions

The guidelines for travelling from all UK airports state that liquids are only permitted when in containers of 100ml or less. Liquid containers must be placed together in a 20cm x 20cm re-sealable, transparent plastic bag and presented separately at the search point. A maximum of ten containers holding 100ml are allowed (1 litre of liquid).

DAL208
8th Aug 2008, 13:31
so i can bring 10 bottles of 100ml stuff as long as its in clear plastic bag?

John Eacott
8th Aug 2008, 14:53
Security & Liquid Restrictions

The guidelines for travelling from all UK airports state that liquids are only permitted when in containers of 100ml or less. Liquid containers must be placed together in a 20cm x 20cm re-sealable, transparent plastic bag and presented separately at the search point. A maximum of ten containers holding 100ml are allowed (1 litre of liquid).

so i can bring 10 bottles of 100ml stuff as long as its in clear plastic bag?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:ugh:

The SSK
8th Aug 2008, 18:33
And you have to take the placcy bag out of your luggage before you send it through the scanner, or they will confiscate it anyway (if they are in a bad mood)