PDA

View Full Version : FS2000 - System Error on startup...

OneDotLow
29th Jan 2001, 03:35
Could anyone help me here?

I have jsut installed FS2000 on my machine, but when I go to run it for the first time, it causes a system error whilst it creates the 'scenery indices', citing an error with 'util.dll' , which goes on to cause another error.

Thought someone may be able to help me here.

Many Thanks

ODL

P.S. I have done all the things microtwat suggested such as restarting, scandisk, reinstalling, etc etc etc, but to no avail.

[This message has been edited by OneDotLow (edited 29 January 2001).]

EX FTE
29th Jan 2001, 06:35
Buddy has problems with FS2000 Pro. Blue screen of death whenever he powers up - he suspects it is his video card that is not up to the job.

Recommend u go to the download site and get the latest patches hen try again.

His version is the US version on a UK machine but that said, it should not make a difference unless FS2000 knows it is the US version and sees some conflict in the BIOS which says it is a UK thing.

Try the Flight Sim Forums - bound to be someone who has seen this before!

OneDotLow
29th Jan 2001, 10:50
Thanks EX FTE, but the prob I have is not the blue screen, it is simply one of those ****ing 'Illegal Operations'

Tried the new driver version but it did not help.

Will try the forums...by that I assume you mean Flightsim.com

ODL

VFE
29th Jan 2001, 19:33
Have you tried posting this question on the computer/internet forum here on PPRuNe?

29th Jan 2001, 20:13
sorry 1.low havent got the answer. I am however having a similar problem with the aircraft editor I keep getting an error message 'FSEDIT caused an invalid page fault in module DPLAYERX.DLL'. Has anyone had he same problem and how did you repair it??

------------------
_ ___________________________________ _
Keep your balls centered.

Vanessa Feltz Type Rated
29th Jan 2001, 20:20
Try going into Control Panel, Display, and Reduce the hardware acceleration. Not saying It'll work, but it might

Mr Magoo
29th Jan 2001, 20:25
Yeah, slowing the hardware accelerator did the trick for me - although it still won't start up occasionally!!

29th Jan 2001, 20:38
Try getting X-Plane. Cheap at the moment
RC Simulations

------------------
London Tower this is Skyflash...

OneDotLow
30th Jan 2001, 03:36
Ok people, here is the answer.

After much frustration and many boring FS200 less nights, I have finally discovered the answer!

If you are having the same problem, then go into the game directory, edit a file called scenery.cfg to so that in the China section, is reads FALSE instead of TRUE

This fixed all of my problems.

Thanks for your help guys,

ODL

P.S. My problem was the China scenery, thoughi am not saying that yours will be as well...trial and error my friends.

[This message has been edited by OneDotLow (edited 31 January 2001).]

InFinRetirement
30th Jan 2001, 12:54
Well done OneDotLow. It's worth keeping that one sitting on top for a while. One or two people had the same problem a few weeks back. Well thought out!!

Just put a short post underneath this one now and again.