PDA

View Full Version : Oman Air LGW-MCT: Has anyone flown with them?

homesick rae
7th Aug 2008, 08:15
Hi All,

Flying with WY for the first time next week on the above route. Anyone any experience travelling with them? Any good?

Cheers

HR

kotakota
7th Aug 2008, 09:57
I am a bit biased I suppose , but I think you will find the flight very enjoyable . They are using a leased A310 until they take delivery of their state-of -the-art A330s mid 2009 , but the aircraft is in great nick . IFE a bit ancient , but the service and food are very good indeed , almost old-fashioned . The on-time record is excellent and the flight to Muscat is often early to arrive. Your bags are always waiting for you by the time you it the baggage hall . Enjoy.

BOB 323
7th Aug 2008, 11:05
seats are not comfortable, entertainment system is basic and most of the time does not work but as katakota said, food and service is good. they try their best to make things comfortable with their limited resources.

Al Fakhem
7th Aug 2008, 11:57
My recollection of a WY flight from MCT to COK was no alcoholic beverages. :oh:

homesick rae
7th Aug 2008, 12:51
Thanks for all the replies: states on the website that you have to pay for alcoholic drinks/ food

kotakota
7th Aug 2008, 12:58
Not true , flew into LGW yesterday.

homesick rae
7th Aug 2008, 13:06
Kotakota,

Yes, suspected as much...actually quite looking forward it and appreciate yours, and all the other replies.

Cheers

HR

omanengineer
7th Aug 2008, 19:58
wy LGW-MCT it is great flt but but but entertainment not good so far
timing, food and service is very good with friends

fly with friends

A300Man
8th Aug 2008, 06:55
Homesick,

It wasn't so good when they started it up again, using a Boeing 767. In fact, it was described on some forums as a shambles. But I believe they now have a couple of A310's leased-in for their longer haul ops (LGW and BKK), one of which is an ex- CSA aircraft and the other ex-Portuguese. (??? I stand to be corrected).

I would concur with the comments above about the service being old fashioned (kind of in a way that Air-India J class is), where it's all about the people serving rather than the fancy hardware or IFE. A bit nostalgic perhaps. LOL. I haven't personally done the route myself but have a colleague who does it regularly and as you can imagine, we often compare notes.

Have a good one and let us know how it goes!!

A300Man

Fly4Fun
8th Aug 2008, 10:40
One of the A310īs is a former TAP Portugal aircraft now operated by another portuguese carrier, Hi Fly. The last I herad was that this aircraft is outdated in terms of IFE.

mick06
9th Aug 2008, 17:12
yes its great flight with good service