PDA

View Full Version : Doing some initial research

hp530
6th Aug 2008, 21:07
hi all

just browsing the web and doing some research at the moment, so i will start with the basic. i have just finished my 2nd year of my 4 year mechanical MEng degree at a top uni in the uk, and i got 7.5 for IELTS when i took the tests with my gcses. however after browsing the forum and other sites it seems that getting into commercial aviation is a near impossible task, eg. the cx cpp and ctc wing and the massive debt people get into with flight school. now im used to things being difficult especially after starting my course so i will be prepared to try my hardest but do i have a realistic chance of getting into the business? i wouldnt mind working for any airline and would even consider going into the RAF (i can get a uk citizenship next year), after all it is a start. and also what other routes are available? what do you guys think will be more appropiate given my background? (im a HKPR btw) also could someone give me some details on requirements, success rates, what qualities are most vital etc? im 20 now and i am just planning ahead and looking at different possibilities (the obv choice becoming a chartered eng) but being a pilot would be an absolute dream job for me (here comes the generics hahaha). my first choice would be to get into a cadet program at an airline but the way it looks it seems extremely difficult. what do you guys think about my odds of getting in at cx or ka?

sorry for the long post and if u reply then thx for your help!

ps another ques, what age and sort of qualifications or work experience do the people who get the job tend to have?

capt787
7th Aug 2008, 04:59
Do whatever you need to do to get the UK citizenship, then enroll for CTC wing or any other EU pilot cadet program. after you finish your basic training choose either the boeing or the airbus. do the MCC and find yourself a jet job somewhere in EU.

Don't come back to hk unless you have a backup plan. cxcpp is a short cut.