PDA

View Full Version : l'aérodrome de camping en France

comp4u
6th Aug 2008, 20:44
Vol VFR en France en vacance.
Je cherche pour terrains d'aviation avec le camping sur le terrain ou à proximité. Aussi l'information de vol de Mont-Dauphin VFR. Je parle un peu français
Merci
Geoff (UK)

julianharris
6th Aug 2008, 21:06
Bonjour Geoff,

Many fields in France will allow camping on the field, but ones which spring to mind are Onzain (LF4151 on NAV2000 - L'information aéronautique pour le pilote de loisir (http://www.nav2000.com)) who have a large campsite at the airfield. This is ULM's (microlights) only . Also at Quiberon there is a campsite opposite the airfield with all facilities. Quiberon is a great spot and opposite Belle Ile.

At many other places, you can ask and camping will be granted!:ok:

gabon flyer 2
7th Aug 2008, 10:24
hello my friend....

have you ever heard about this airfield :challes les eaux it s located to south east of chambery(5 to 10 NM max) and it has a great camping area on the field....it is primary used as a glider center but you will be welcome specially if you speak a bit of french.

Happy landings
cheers

Domi
7th Aug 2008, 21:26
Hello Geoff,

why don't you try Corsica ? Camping is available either in Proriano (LFKO) or Corte (LFKT).

Regards,

PPRuNeUser0215
8th Aug 2008, 08:08
Mont Dauphin/St Crepin is a very nice place to camp, do white water rafting, walks, tree hanging (and hugging) etc...
But if you were to go there, beware that the breeze is very strong from about 12h30-13h00 local time until late evening.
Therefore it is a very turbulent area (the threshold is nearly located at the narrowest part of the valley). So if you don't know the place and if you have little mountain experience, you should plan to get there early in the morning, between 8 and 11h30. That way you wil enjoy it and your passenger will only remember a spectacular view of the area rather than very strong updraughts/downdraughts that a less than 180hp aeroplane with pax, will struggle to cope with (Watch tug planes gliders getting airborne... They climb first then descend -as they pass the river- before turning right to head back towards the mountain)
Seriously, I used to fly there and without prior knowledge, chose your arrival time carefully.
Once there, you can walk to the village, climb mountains, decend rivers... Plenty to do. My favorite summer mountain holiday.:ok:

perceval
8th Aug 2008, 10:24
For green hollidays , you could try a Place called Brioude (about 45NM south-east of Clermont-Ferrand in the Massif central) , They have a camping on site , a small restaurant and a grass runway with a little flying/gliding club .Not too far from the little town and pretty good to explore the region (very pretty in summer ) .
Amuses toi bien en tout cas .

comp4u
8th Aug 2008, 16:15
Thanks, we are not ULM but Quiberon / Belle Ille area looks good fun and not too far compared to our original plan.

comp4u
8th Aug 2008, 16:18
I'm a newby so hope I'm doing this right with the replies to each person? Corsica looks nice but maybe just a bit too far for us at present and with the high fuel costs

comp4u
8th Aug 2008, 16:36
Mont Dauphin still looks like our favourite. Nice to hear from someone who has been in there. I'm ex glider pilot but at 60 not as brave as I used to be. Was worried about how narrow the valley would be and the possibility of turning up a dead end. When you get there it seems to have everything you need without hiring a car, super location, camping almost on site, railway etc. Can you enter via the valley from Grenoble (we are coming from the North) or do you need to enter via Sisteron? Thanks

comp4u
8th Aug 2008, 16:42
Thanks, Brioude looks quite good, also looks like others in the area like Egletons. Maybe about six others to do at the same time. Thought everyone would be communicating in French here?

comp4u
8th Aug 2008, 16:51
If any help to others, we have been to Amboise, camping nearby, railway station and most Chateauxs easily accessible. Rivers Loire & Chere, nice town, easy flying. Chenanceau? is walking distance

1500psi
8th Aug 2008, 17:37
Hi,

Close to Cannes there is camping area.
No so far from beach side,and you are at the riviera.
Have good vacation in France.
I love VFR.

perceval
9th Aug 2008, 13:37
it is a french forum , but we are sympathetic to our linguistically challenged friends from the other side of the channel.
enjoy your flight mate:}:)

PPRuNeUser0215
13th Aug 2008, 00:07
Hi

If you are coming from Grenoble via "Col du Lautaret", this is high stuff and I probably wouldn't recommend it unless the weather is really nice (Late June, July normal weather).
Via "Lac de Laffrey" the valley is a lot wider and more confy to fly and just like the Sisteron arrival, it will lead you nicely towards Mt Dauphin. Only then it will get narrower (depends how high you chose to approach the place).
I then would overfly St Crepin AD towards the North in the valley until I have a nice look at it and picked the best place for a visual Left base in the wider part of the valley (plenty of space there).
The main problem being the breeze, you will, once on final (lining up with the AD), find yourself in a stable situation (Don't forget the breeze "operating times").
It is likely that once on the ground, you will wonder what the fuss was about... Wait until 1pm then things will become clearer (as you watch gliders getting airborne and landing).

Don't know about cars but if you fancy a walk, go towards Vars and "Parc des Ecrins". Beautiful stuff.