PDA

View Full Version : Kindly wave in Austria - or get fired at with signal gun...

Flying Bull
6th Aug 2008, 13:05
Hubschrauber mit Signalpistole beschossen - oesterreich.ORF.at (http://steiermark.orf.at/stories/298284/)

A pensionist fired with a signal gun in the drirection of a starting helicopter.just missing it.
He fired a second round, but by that time the helicopter had enough height.

The later arrested guy said, he had waved and the pilot didnīt respond.....

Greetings Flying Bull

rotornut
6th Aug 2008, 16:30
Having worked in Austria I can tell you the people are very friendly... perhaps the pensioner was offended that the pilot didn't wave back, oder?;)

TheVelvetGlove
6th Aug 2008, 21:40
Just because people seem happy and wave to you, doesn't mean they aren't sociopaths :8

Runway101
7th Aug 2008, 12:39
The helicopter in question was a government helicopter (police). Pilots radioed to colleagues and the 71 year old idiot has been arrested.

rotornut
8th Aug 2008, 12:03
Just because people seem happy and wave to you, doesn't mean they aren't sociopaths
...like the lady who was smiling and laughing when I fell off my bicycle - I forgot to mention it was outside an insane asylum.

alouette
9th Aug 2008, 07:38
Ahm...these Austrians are a bunch of whiners, complainers, and god knows what. Their upper register is sometimes a bit behind the curve, particularly if it comes to matters such as helicopters. "You do something that I am not able to do so I do something to prevent your enjoyment".

Auf gut Deutsch "lieb aber a bisserl deppert":E