PDA

View Full Version : F.E.C.A any advise?

heineken
6th Aug 2008, 12:36
Hi everyone

Been snooping around for a job, does anyone know anything about how Falcon Express Cargo Airlines operate and what they are like in general? Any has been F.E.C.A pilots?

Thanks, cheers!
H

Flying Mechanic
7th Aug 2008, 15:27
i worked for them in Dubai 2004-2006 as a 1900 Pilot. Its a good company, they pay you on time and living in Dubai is good fun. The hardest part of the job is going to work at 3 am 4 nights a week, getting used to that sleep patten.Everybody who goes there moves onto a jet.

sharksucker
18th Aug 2008, 20:49
Have worked for them for a few years on the 1900. It is a pretty good company, pay always on time, no lies (what they promise, you will get), good safety culture, very friendly atmosphere within the company.
On average pilots stay for 1 to 2 years, then they move on to better paid jobs on jets, as FM already said.
So far everybody I met there made it onto a jet, some stayed in UAE, others went to far east or Europe.
Good place for networking, you will meet many guys there, who will help you out to get that interview for a jet job at a later stage..
Negative aspects regarding FECA:
salary (36.000 USD p.a. for FO, 54.000 USD p.a. for Cpt.), Rent in Dubai at a quite elevated level..
Only 5 destinations (BAH, DOH, RUH, JED, KWT) becomes quite boring over the years..
Night flying as FM stated depends, didn't find it too hard to cope with those odd hours, but everyone's body reacts different..

So I would say, FECA is a good stepping stone and I really enjoyed my time with them..

Coastrider26
19th Aug 2008, 04:08
Worked there at the same time as FM and sharksucker everybody moved on to big or shiny jets.