PDA

View Full Version : What would you want on the a380?

bdflight
6th Aug 2008, 12:42
When airbus launched the a380 they were talking about all kinds of insane fittings for the a380 interior such as showers, spa's, bar's, etc (I dont really remember, but i'm sure ive heard bowling alley's and gyms somewhere as well). Only none of the airlines took up these ideas as it wouldn't be profitable to maintain, run etc. Although some things like a bar have been embraced by some airlines, Emirates has taken it a step further by introducing first class showers.

Now i'm curious as to what others might like to see in an a380. I reckon it'd be awesome if they could put in some BBQ's since plane food isnt that great (usually) and BBQ's make everything taste better. :ok:

Got some others?:cool:

BlueWolf
6th Aug 2008, 12:48
A really good exit, so I can get off and hop on a Boeing instead.

You'll never get me on one of those things. They're just too damned big, and built in too many factories in too many countries.

It'll be the Titanic of the Skies, oi tell 'ee.
:=

uffington sb
6th Aug 2008, 12:48
A snooker table.
I suppose they'd have to have velcro covered balls and table to stop em rolling about to much.
:):):)

DX Wombat
6th Aug 2008, 12:49
If in-flight use of mobile phones is to be permitted,:* then a soundproof cage in which to keep the users. :E

Taildragger67
6th Aug 2008, 14:16
What would I want?

Me!

ArthurR
6th Aug 2008, 14:29
Have to agree with Taildragger67, me but in 1st class, tested them, lotsa room, and you can close yourself off. :ok:

6th Aug 2008, 14:43
Ten Pin Bowling Alley
Table Tennis
Ghost Train

Strelnikov
6th Aug 2008, 14:54
A glass floor.

And hand pulled bitter.

G-CPTN
6th Aug 2008, 15:03
A glass floor.That's a brilliant idea!
Imagine an 'observation' platform (built into a lower deck hold) . . . :ok:

Mac the Knife
6th Aug 2008, 15:22
To be able to lie down & sleep.

Doesn't have to be grand-luxe but I just can't sleep sitting.

Don't care about all the rest.

:ok:

frostbite
6th Aug 2008, 15:31
Pole Dancers.

Gainesy
6th Aug 2008, 15:32
A no-children section.:*

BerksFlyer
6th Aug 2008, 15:45
You'll never get me on one of those things. They're just too damned big, and built in too many factories in too many countries.

The 787 is being built in many factories in many countries too.

603DX
6th Aug 2008, 15:54
A total ban on all alcohol on board, like US warships. Idiotic drunks making life hell for other passengers and cabin crew have become such a regular feature of modern airline travel, that the prospect of over 550 potential offenders in one aircraft is too horrible to contemplate!

er340790
6th Aug 2008, 16:00
When Richard Branson started offering massages, I did wonder whether Hooters Air or some other set-up might go one further.......

When flying back from our ops in Asia every 6 weeks (6 weeks on / two weeks off rotation) top of my list would have been a scantily clad fly-babe administering a Bravo Juliet in Business Class.

That would have been enough for 100% of my Frequent Flyer Loyalty. :E

Carbon Bootprint
6th Aug 2008, 16:14
When Richard Branson started offering massages, I did wonder whether Hooters Air or some other set-up might go one further.......
Didn't MOL already promise that on Ryanair longhauls (http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=UfIY24BErBE)?:}

NOTE: Link may not be suitable for office use.

Capot
6th Aug 2008, 16:57
My bag in the hold, instead of left in the baggage sort area or on another aircraft, would be a good start..........

scruggs
6th Aug 2008, 17:11
A fully staffed Hooters

Hooters.com (http://www.hooters.com/)

S

BombayDuck
6th Aug 2008, 17:48
Berks - your joke detector batteries need replacement ;)

Imagine an 'observation' platform (built into a lower deck hold) . . .

I wouldn't mind a large LCD display in the floor (with a glass plate on top of course), connected to a wide-angle camera on the bottom of the plane. I remember the Emirates' Airbus I flew on eight years ago had a downward and a forward camera whose feeds were piped to the personal screen at each seay :ok:

Captain_djaffar
6th Aug 2008, 18:26
ejection seats....

chornedsnorkack
6th Aug 2008, 18:49
What about a coach lounge? Like this:

Photos: Boeing 747-122 Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/photo/United-Airlines/Boeing-747-122/1375111/L/)

very old flyer
6th Aug 2008, 21:18
Seats in economy that had the same pitch, and as wide and comfortable as those in the DC4!

con-pilot
6th Aug 2008, 23:23
What about a coach lounge? Like this

Ah, the good old days, well the good old days back in the mid-70s. On Continental Airlines DC-10s when first placed in service had a walk up bar/lounge in the mid-section of the cabin over the wings. One could walk up to the bar, order your favorite adult beverage (free) from an attractive Stewardess (don't yell at me, that was what they were called back then) and have a cigarette.

Yes, life was good. :ok:

Now look at airline travel. :{

sillytwistedboy
7th Aug 2008, 00:24
What would I like on the A380? Three lanes up Telegraph Hill, demolish Penn Inn roundabout and dual carriageway to Torquay. Wadaya mean, "Wrong end of the stick?"

sanjosebaz
7th Aug 2008, 05:40
I remember the Emirates' Airbus I flew on eight years ago had a downward and a forward camera whose feeds were piped to the personal screen at each seatThe A380 has those and a tail camera, so you can see a sort of 'plan' view. Neat during landings. :ok:

Buster Hyman
7th Aug 2008, 05:45
Parachute.

vapilot2004
7th Aug 2008, 07:45
A collapsible wing Honda Jet for easy arrivals at some of the smaller airports in the world
- you know, an aerial tender of sorts.

Bottom paint with the slogan Mines bigger than yours, oh wait, already been done. :E

chornedsnorkack
7th Aug 2008, 08:01
Or look at this lounge:

1973 - Coach lounge onboard United DC10-10 aviation stock photo photo - Sunbird Photos by Don Boyd photos at pbase.com (http://www.pbase.com/airlinerphotos/image/44043036&gcmd=add_comment)

Wod
7th Aug 2008, 09:18
Redundancy. Heaps of redundancy. It's a big b*st*rd, they could fit a secondary cockpit easily.

Mind you, if the current, mid-Atlantic economic affliction continues, the A380 may deliver the wrong kind of redundancy.

Tower Ranger
7th Aug 2008, 09:25
I`d like folding wings so it can taxi round everywhere without delaying other flights and using up my limited brain power!!

Selfloading
7th Aug 2008, 10:41
A Holodeck :ok:

isoscelesnorthey
7th Aug 2008, 12:31
walkthrough all-you-can-eat buffet

airship
7th Aug 2008, 16:16
Since there's apparently an abundunce of space available for which noone has yet found an economic purpose, may I suggest a dedicated area where those passengers transporting pets might also be able to rejoin their pets, cuddle, feed or otherwise reassure them during the flight...?!

And if children were to be transported in similar fashion, I believe that my idea would carry far more weight amongst some frequent-flyers...?! Personally, I don't mind kids (or even adults). But I hate being dribbled on here in JB (usually by adults)... :ok:

Pugilistic Animus
7th Aug 2008, 16:27
-----------artificialfeel/feedback!!!!------------

vapilot2004
7th Aug 2008, 18:15
-----------artificialfeel/feedback!!!!------------

I think big bird has already got that.

con-pilot
7th Aug 2008, 19:45
Or look at this lounge:

1973 - Coach lounge onboard United DC10-10 aviation stock photo photo - Sunbird Photos by Don Boyd photos at pbase.com

That is what I was talking about in my post. Thank you for the link chornedsnorkack. :ok:

Farrell
7th Aug 2008, 20:20
A branch of Waterstone's bookshop complete with Starbucks.

This would tide me over for up to a 12 hour flight.

In fact, if you stuck a KFC down the back, I could probably live on board indefinitely.

powerstall
8th Aug 2008, 03:39
Starbucks sounds like a great idea... expresso shots all the way! :ok:

chornedsnorkack
8th Aug 2008, 09:57
Sorry, it wasn´t what you mentioned. What you mentioned was Continental coach lounge, but the picture is from United coach lounge. Both on DC-10, though.

Note that 747 used to be 9 abreast in coach, and DC-10 and Tristar were 8 abreast.

Would you like 9 abreast coach on A380 main deck? If yes, which arrangement - 3-3-3, 2-5-2 or 2-4-3?

Ancient Mariner
8th Aug 2008, 10:13
I'd prefer 1-7-1 if you don't mind............please?
Per

Avitor
8th Aug 2008, 10:40
All these innovative and amusing suggestions just about sum up this OTT crate.

Yours....Misery Guts.

Gargleblaster
8th Aug 2008, 22:57
I would like an airfield on the back of it, preferrably a bumpy grass one, so I can practice proper touch and gos in my Cessna while wife and kid drink and sleep in first class.

If I played golf (I'm not old enough yet, but working on it), such an outside course with an appropriate number of holes would come in handy.

Both proposals involve some interesting aspects of oxygen, aerodynamics and physics that the conveyor belt maths and physics experts can elaborate on.

Where's my coat again ? Why is the ceiling moving ? Where is my pint ?

vapilot2004
9th Aug 2008, 08:06
I would like an airfield on the back of it, preferrably a bumpy grass one, so I can practice proper touch and gos in my Cessna while wife and kid drink and sleep in first class.

Well its no ordinary Cessna that could catch the big birdie.
Pretty sure grass could be fitted if you talk to the right people and have ready money.

ejection seats....

For what? Annoying passengers?
I mean its so big you are bound to have a few even if you did invite them all to come along.

Howard Hughes
9th Aug 2008, 08:32
What would you want on the a380?
Firstly a yoke between my legs, secondly a flight engineer, cause they know where all the divey pubs are enroute...;)

Firestorm
9th Aug 2008, 12:54
A bottomless bank account, a sauna or Turkish bath, and a large collection of busty beauties. And a long flight to enjoy them! :E