PDA

View Full Version : B737 and FS2000

bengal_lancer
27th Jan 2001, 05:25
Anybody know of a B737 add-on that has FMC functionality with the proper FMP layout (LNAV and VNAV etc)?

I am running FS2000 pro edition and I have to say the 737-400 panel is not up to much. I have downloaded a few from the simaviation site but I could not find any that make more than a few cosmetic improvements.

SOHCAHTOA
27th Jan 2001, 18:13
You will probably struggle to find reasonably well equipped/complex aircraft for the MSFS, you might want to check the following

http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/incoming/b737.html

MSFS is mainly eyecandy, however I did find a really good S360 with full systems for FS98.

Fitztightly
27th Jan 2001, 22:52
I was looking for a 737 with FMC functionality too, with no luck. However, www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk (http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk) have recently released what I am told is the most realistic Flightsim Pro2k add on, 747-400 with supposedly fully functioning FMC. I say supposedly as I have no experience of the real thing, but as far as I'm concerned it's superb and well worth the money! Maybe someone else can verify authenticity, apparently it was signed off by seving 744 flight crews....

bengal_lancer
27th Jan 2001, 23:51
Yeah, I have visited the Dreamfleet site and they have a 737 version in the pipeline (they claim that all o/h panelling and FMC will be fully functional). Various screenshots of what the panels will look like etc. Looks great but I wondered if there was anything else like it already out there?

[This message has been edited by bengal_lancer (edited 27 January 2001).]

kopbhoy2
29th Jan 2001, 13:28
Get Fly & the 737 add-on for it...not perfect (the FMS is limited, and the gauges draw too much from the default Hawker) but damn good and better than anything FS2000 has to offer.

I've not seen the dreamfleet panel in action yet...

ustillflyin
30th Jan 2001, 20:19
Not sure about a 737, but, Wilco Publishing is coming out with a 767 which is supposed to have all panels working (www.wilcopub.com)
or for a 747 both MSFS add-on and a stand alone procedures training program try this website. (www.pdfteam.com)
Warning be prepared to spend some money
:)