PDA

View Full Version : B2 licence experience requirements

ARINC
6th Aug 2008, 07:43
Could someone help me out here..I was looking at the experience requirements from section E of EGLD and cannot really understand them,

Does this mean if you have for example military experience you only require 1 years experience in civil maintenance environment ? prior to issue assuming all the modules are done of course. And if your an ex copper or a coastguard the same applies ?? Surely not !

E4 REDUCTION IN EXPERIENCE
REQUIREMENTS

A reduction in the 5 years experience requirement may
be considered for certain applicants who fall into either
category below.
There are currently no standard assessment terms for
these applications and therefore applicants are
advised, before applying for licence issue, to ensure
they meet the experience criteria in accordance with
Part-66.A.30 and AMC 66.A.30 (a). Where an
assessment of course material and/or experience is
requested by the applicant, an assessment charge will
be made in accordance with the CAA Scheme of
Charges.

E4.1 ‘Skilled Worker’
A skilled worker is a person who has successfully
completed a course of training, acceptable to the CAA,
involving the manufacture, repair, overhaul or
inspection of mechanical, electrical or electronic
equipment. The training would have included the use of
tools and measuring devices.

E4.2 Experience Required
3 years where the applicant has already qualified in
another profession as above (E4.1).

E4.3 ‘Other Experienced Applicants’
Aircraft maintenance experience gained outside a civil
aircraft maintenance environment can include
experience gained in armed forces, coast guards and
police.
E4.4 Experience Required
B2 applicants must demonstrate 1 years experience in
a civil maintenance environment appropriate to the
category applied for, where the applicant can provide
satisfactory evidence of working in one of the above
disciplines (E4.3).

spannersatcx
6th Aug 2008, 08:49
And if your an ex copper or a coastguard the same applies ?? Surely not !

Both the coastguard and police have things that fly!:ugh:

ARINC
6th Aug 2008, 09:52
Maintained by 3rd party contractors.....not Coppers and Coastguards :confused:

And didn't the experience requirement always used to be 3 years even with prior training ?

AEUENG
6th Aug 2008, 10:30
I think you will find that 3 yrs is now the approximate minimum term of industry experience required in order to be granted a licence once all exams have been passed.

I could be wrong though.

lovegroove
23rd Oct 2008, 09:22
What do you mean by "industry experience"?

Do you mean Civil or just experience in industry?

I'm nearly finished all of my modules and am still under the impression that having done 8 years in the RAF, I still need 1 year Civil experience.

EGT Redline
23rd Oct 2008, 18:58
I'm nearly finished all of my modules and am still under the impression that having done 8 years in the RAF, I still need 1 year Civil experience.

Your assumption is correct. 1 year minimum civil aircraft experience in an approved maintenance environment as a prerequisite for licence issue. You should also bear in mind that this is not set in concrete and depending on your military background, the experience requirement can be increased.

lovegroove
23rd Oct 2008, 20:09
Hercs and Nimrods, first and second line. Do you think that will be ok?

Engineer
24th Oct 2008, 17:15
If you want to understand the requirements read the EASA implementation rules 2042/2003 (http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/site/en/oj/2003/l_315/l_31520031128en00010165.pdf) Annex III Subpart A paragraph 66 A 30.

For the issue of B2 licence the applicant must show
para a 2b (iii) two years of practical maintenance experience on operating aircraft and completion of a Part -147 approved basic training course and paragraphs
(d) For all applicants, at least one year of the required experience must be recent maintenance experience on aircraft of the category/subcategory for which the initial aircraft maintenance licence is sought. For subsequent category/subcategory additions to an existing aircraft maintenance licence, the additional recent maintenance experience required may be less than one year, but must be at least three months. The required experience must be dependent upon the difference between the licence category/subcategory held and applied for. Such additional experience must be typical
of the new licence category/subcategory sought.
(e) Notwithstanding paragraph (a), aircraft maintenance experience gained outside a civil aircraft maintenance environment shall be accepted when such maintenance is equivalent to that required by this Part as established by the competent authority. Additional experience of civil aircraft maintenance shall, however, be required to ensure understanding of the civil aircraft maintenance environment.

Further information can be found in the acceptable means of compliance (AMC) applicable to 66 A 30 as well

phillip19
26th Oct 2008, 19:42
Hi Guys,

Was wondering if anyone could advise me on a problem i have been having.

I was wondering if it is possible to convert an EASA Part 66 B2 licence to an FAA equivalent, if so how is it done and if it is not possible are there any FAA approved maintenance training schools in Ireland or the UK?

Thanks a million

BAe146s make me cry
27th Oct 2008, 21:18
There is no recognition between EASA and the FAA for the issue of any basic Aircraft Maintenance Licence. You have to do the exams as set
out per the regulations.

Additionally, there are no FAA FAR147 training facilities in the UK or Eire.

BAe146?? :{:{:{

Engineer
28th Oct 2008, 12:36
The only FAA facility in the UK is the Airman Knowledge Testing Centre at Flight Safety International UK Ltd Farnborough Airport contact is Ms Newton 44-1-252-554-599 Information taken from here (http://www.faa.gov/mechanics/testing/) where you will find all the necessary requirements for becoming FAA qualified (http://www.faa.gov/mechanics/become/).

hope it helps :ugh:

BAe146s make me cry
29th Oct 2008, 19:06
Engineer

Good find. However, after speaking with the London FAA IFO
today, no 8610-2 applications have been processed by the London
FAA IFO for Flight Safety Intl UK Ltd.

The telephone number you have supplied is in fact a fax number.
I shall contact Ms Newton tomorrow to find out more because I am
a curious chap by nature!

Philip19.. You may have a problem justifying your requirement
to hold the FAR Part 65 A&P AML. Dependant on where and on
what equipment (namely N-Reg a/c) you work..

Refer to the FAA link supplied by Engineer.

Regards

BAe146??? :{:{:{

Engineer
29th Oct 2008, 20:26
This is an extract from the FAA pdf file for testing centers outside the states

Airman Knowledge Testing Centers - 09/23/2008
State/City Site ID Site Address Country TCS Phone
LE BOURGET CEDEX LASFR003 FLIGHT SAFETY SCHOOL AEROPORT DUDOURGET BP 25-BT 404 FRANCE MAUD DUBOSQ 33149921919
CAROLINA ABS00902 **C.V.Q. TECHNICAL TRAINING CENTER CARIBBEAN AIR FACILITIES BLDG/HGR PUERTO RICO NELSON T. FELICIANO (787) 253-3801
DUBAI, UNITED ARAB ABSAEDUB EMIRATES - CAE FLIGHT TRAINING EMIRATES AVIATION COLLEGE UNITED ARAB EMIRAT PRIYADARSHINI DIAS 971-4-2869119
FARNBOROUGH, HAMPS LASEN004 FLIGHTSAFETY INTERNATIONAL, UK LTD FARNBOROUGH AIRPORT UNITED KINGDOM LAURA J. NEWTON 44-1-252-554-599
MISSISSAUGA, ONTAR LASCA007 CANADIAN BUSINESS COLLEGE 77 CITY CENTRE DRIVE STE 105 CANADA JOSEPHINE D. CAMPBELL (905) 279-9929
OKINAWA ABSJ9011 KADENA AERO CLUB AMER. UNIV. EXTENSION, KADENA AIR JAPAN TERUMI MURDOCK 611-734-5758
OSAN ABSKROSA OSAN FLIGHT TRAINING CENTER (OSAN DEPT. OF THE AIR FORCE, OSAN SVS/L KOREA, REPUBLIC OF THOMAS MORTON 011 82 333 661 4424
SAN JUAN LAS00901 **ISLA GRANDE FLYING SCHOOL ISLA GRANDE AIRPORT PUERTO RICO CARLOS REYES (787) 722-1160
ST. THOMAS LAS00801 ACE FLIGHT CENTER, INC. P.O. BOX 306962, CYRIL E. KING AP VIRGIN ISLANDS TE`WANA I. HODGE (809) 776-4141
TIYAN ABS96901 **FREEDOM TEST CENTER (AKA AVIATIO 17-80 ADMIRAL SHERMAN BOULEVARD GUAM JOSEPH D. JESUS (671) 472-8009
Total for Out of US is 10

To provide the official answer to the question FAR "65.3 Certification of foreign airmen other than flight crewmembers" states

A person who is neither a U.S. citizen nor a resident alien is issued a certificate under subpart D of this part, outside the United States, only when the Administrator finds that the certificate is needed for the operation or continued airworthiness of a U.S.-registered civil aircraft.

Interesting to note is that with your B2 licence if you want to carry out Avionic work you will need to obtain the A and P (B1 equivalent) licence :)

BAe146s make me cry
31st Oct 2008, 17:15
As promised, spoke to Laura Newton at FSI Farnborough.

Provided you have satisfied the requirements of the 8610-2
application form, every Wednesday you can attempt the 3
exams, Airframe, Powerplant & General for £150 each.

Nice lady but she has not much knowledge about FAR system.
Couldn't (or wouldn't?) tell me how the practical/oral examination
is carried out, both where and by whom - 'Whats a DME?'

Cornerstone of FAA licence issue, thats who!

Note: No EASA equivalent...

Lots of demand apparently but no open advertising.
FSI Tel# +44 (0)1252 554 500

Engineer
1st Nov 2008, 08:47
You only needed to ask :ok:

DME maybe Designee Mechanic Examiner which will answer your question on practical/oral examination.

Again from FAA website and the only European examiner, listed in Frankfurt

OHNSON, BILLY GEORGE
BROMBERGER STR 12
ATLAS AIR SERVICE BREMEN AIRPORT
STUHR 28816
GM
Phone: 01149-4215365834
FAA Office: EA33

Unless you go to the states where there are lots of them there is a surprise :eek:

Also note that the complete database of questions asked is also available on line :} part of the states data protection policy. However not the answers :{ := just the reference where to find the answer :D

BAe146s make me cry
2nd Nov 2008, 16:45
Engineer

You appear to have time on your hands, please don't waste it on subtle condescending comments. The FAA & EASA clearly have issues with both
types of (Part 65 & Part 66 respectively) AMLs.

As you will no doubt agree, the bigger picture is higher standards...
Any further comments, please PM me at first instance.

Regards

Active ALAE (1981) Member
Avionic Tech
FAA Licenced AMT

Engineer
3rd Nov 2008, 08:19
Comments neither subtle or condescending more tongue in cheek and hoping the readers have a sense of humour.

Regarding the issue between FAA and EASA. In my general view it appears with the introduction of the Part 66 licence, the syllabus for the european licence issue is a mirror copy of what is laid out by the FAA. The only problem is for each governing body to find a common ground to accept that the educational standard is equivalent in both cases. The only difference as all ways is the aviation law part.

As for the examination questions I would welcome EASA publishing the complete database question bank it would give everyone an insight of what is required. If memory serve me right the A and P question bank is over 2500 and if you can memorise all of those questions you deserve to pass the exam :cool:

When I took my licence it was multi choice, 4 written and the dreaded oral those were the days :)