flaps 15 3 green
6th Aug 2008, 03:55
an alter ego or wealth of knowledge?

Overdrive
6th Aug 2008, 17:40
A wealth of ego.

603DX
6th Aug 2008, 18:30
Can someone please explain how some ppruners have such absolutely huge posting counts? Were multiple posts in JetBlast once counted in the total?

Radar66
6th Aug 2008, 18:33
Jet blast posts don't count "due to willy waving" (and i quote this from an reply to an early days pm request for the same information from a mod! :ok: )

so, the answer to you question could possibly be nothing less than an 'whole lot of hot air' outside of Jet Blast? :confused:

But please also bear in mind that PPRuNe has been around for a number of years now...

Alloa Akbar
6th Aug 2008, 18:38
JB not counting does betray the location of most of your posts Radar, I mean 84, from a "seasoned campaigner" like yourself?? :p

(AA now dons tin hat and takes cover..):eek:

Radar66
6th Aug 2008, 18:47

Oi!!

niknak
6th Aug 2008, 18:52
A combination of the ability to spout a wealth of knowledge and bullshit in equal measure (says he approaching the magic, must have 2000 post mark. :8).

WQ - ingo
6th Aug 2008, 19:15
The ubiquitous, cantankerous and obstinate posters are usually the high flyers with regards to post counts - with the exception obviously.

ChristiaanJ
6th Aug 2008, 20:35
Re posting count...
Partly due to one of my minor 'beefs' about PPRuNe, actually.
The only way to subscribe to a topic in PPRuNe is to post in it, unlike other forums, where there are links to click, to subscribe without posting.

selfloadingcargo
6th Aug 2008, 21:28
....all this presupposes that the number of posts is some kind of measure of worth. B*gger the total, it's the content of what is actually posted that matters.

(and yes, by that measure, my worth is probably equal to the number of my 'recognised' posts...insignificant)

Wholigan
6th Aug 2008, 21:31
You lot are bleeding lucky.

In the good old days you'd all be down to zero for even daring to have the audacity to use the words "p**t c***t".

Damned young whippersnappers.

FSL Drapes - sort the young blaggards out sirrah!

Whirlygig
6th Aug 2008, 21:43
When the decision was made a few years ago to discount JB posts in the total, everyone's total went down overnight so even historic JB posts didn't count.

Certainly celebrating post count milestones was an invitation to have it reduced to zero; some having 3,712 knocked orf their total!! :E

We also had a period when the post count was not shown at all.

But basically it means nothing except that some people have been around for a long time and didn't have a television!!

Cheers

Whirls

Standard Noise
6th Aug 2008, 23:46
......and anyone with around, oh I dunno, say 3914 posts didn't have a television................or a life. Whaddya reckon?:}

DX Wombat
7th Aug 2008, 00:09
Whaddya reckon?Er, are you feeling suicidal or simply enjoying skating on very thin ice? :uhoh:

Whirlygig
7th Aug 2008, 00:17
Jethro_Tull_-_sitting_down_for_the_UlstermAn (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDosgkws0-c)

Cheers

Whirls

Standard Noise
7th Aug 2008, 00:19
S'allright, she'll forgive me for a bacon and egg soda! No worries.

Whirlygig
7th Aug 2008, 00:24
Is that wi' potato farls? OK, start driving now and I'll see yers in time fer breakfast! :E :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

ShyTorque
7th Aug 2008, 01:02
some having 3,712 knocked orf their total!!

They most certainly did - just for appearing on a thread about Aunty Mary's lottery winnings or summat... :oh:

con-pilot
7th Aug 2008, 02:39
But basically it means nothing except that some people have been around for a long time and didn't have a television!!

Sadly I had television and still had a bunch of post counts that were sent into cyberspace. :(

Being semi-retired has its problems. :{

;)

Buster Hyman
7th Aug 2008, 05:41
Remember...

It's not Post Counts that kill people...it's posts that kill people!!!