PDA

View Full Version : How do I send images with E mail?

Breaking_Clouds
17th Nov 2000, 20:57
Ok, this might be a real easy one,
I just don't seem to be able to figure it out though.

If I want to send a picture (JPG or BMP) with an E mail (not as an attachment!!!)
,how do I do that?

I know that with the 'source-code' you can have the animated icons or pictures from the web in your E mail.
But if I have a picture on my PC, how do I get that to show in an E mail?

TA,
BC

fobotcso
17th Nov 2000, 22:14
Yes, I think this is easy,

When you get to the place where you want the image, with the cursor flashing, go to the "Insert" item on the top menu (I'm talking Outlook Express here). When the menu drops down you find options. Select "picture" and in the next dialogue box navigate to the picture file.

Hope I'm not doing a granny/eggs job here. if so, apologies.

stickyb
18th Nov 2000, 12:09
Usually depends on which program you are using for e-mail. Which one are you using?

spannersatcx
18th Nov 2000, 20:42
Breaking_clouds do you mean having the picture as a background image if so you have to create a new 'stationery' in outlook distress using the pic file as a background image.

Breaking_Clouds
22nd Nov 2000, 18:58
Thanks guys,

I usually use Hotmail but I also have Outlook Express set up.

I tried to send a picture with Outlook, and it works.
Sometimes it gives me some weird small figure though with a triangle, square and a circle in it.
When I rightclick this figure to check the properties, it says it cannot find the file I send.

When you check the size of the E mail though, it's obvious that the picture was send.

I'll try again a couple of times, maybe I can figure it out. I think it's weird though that if I send three or four pictures, only one or two will show up. The rest is 'lost' somewhere in the E mail.

BC

El Cid
23rd Nov 2000, 02:59
It seems to me from my experiments that in order for an image to be insetered into the actual "body" of the message on a Hotmail message requires the image to exist on the internet somewhere,so if you copy and paste the image off a website into your Hotmail email,it will then download this image in the appropriate place when the recipient opens the email.This works.What does not seem to work however is inserting images from your own computer that don't have a URL address(file protocol),you just get the funny square you mentioned as the Hotmail can not download the image from your computer.If you need to insert images from your personal collection,AND have the recipient receive them correctly,it seems that POP3 accounts need to be used both by the sender and receiver.This always works for me.If anyone however DOES know if it is possible to insert an image(not a link to an image)that is NOT on the internet somewhere,I also would be very grateful to know how.
El Cid