PDA

View Full Version : Selly Oak Military Hospital

Radar66
5th Aug 2008, 21:42
Mods - my apologies if you think this is inappropriate. Have also put the same thread in the military forum, but wanted to reach as many people as possible with regards to this.

EDITED TO SAY: have just noticed that a previous thread on this subject has already been made a sticky in the Mil Forum!! But thought I'd leave this one up as I'm sure that there are JetBlasters out there that may not visit that forum very often.... :O

PPRuNers....

If you haven't already done so, please read the main message below and then, if you feel moved by it, please sign up and pass it on to as many people as possible. I think it is a very important cause. Many thanks.

Radar66

My understanding is that Selly Oak is, medically, very good; indeed I have visited seriously injured military in-patients there several times, but it is clear just not able to deal with the numbers coming back, nor accomodate them in 'military surroundings'.

Just as with that outrageous business where the NIMBY's tried to stop a Families' Hostel being built near Headley Court , this seems to me to be an issue that the whole military family should get behind. As you will see below, time is short but it should still be possible to get some real numbers behind this one. If you feel able to help please sign up by visiting the link below, and also please pass it on. I'm not in favour to chain letters but this one really is worth it.

A litte background: 2 Para alone have, so far on their current tour, sent back over 50 casualties to the UK and, having seen Selly Oak, I know that most cannot be accommodated. So when all of the casualties from other battle groups are added to the figure, how can one ward in an NHS hospital possibly cope? It cannot and the individual troops are, I understand, being sent home to recover relying on NHS visiting services which themselves are over-committed.

A lot more than 5000 names are needed for this petition and quite cynically, Downing Street have put a time limit of one month for this to be achieved.

This link will take you to the petition:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/military-aircrew/337617-petition-military-hospital.html

west lakes
6th Aug 2008, 17:05
Duly signed

And bump

scruggs
7th Aug 2008, 10:50
Signed.

S

Radar66
7th Aug 2008, 17:35
thanks chaps!!

(oh and bumps-a-daisy... ;) )