PDA

View Full Version : Home Page Selection

cribble
17th Nov 2000, 14:45
I am running Ie5 under Win ME.

Under Win 98 and Ie4 I could designate the (Pprune) Rumours page as my start-up page.

Now I can only get the home page (even after writing the whole URL and going to options for the 'use this page' move),as a startup This gets me a click away from where I want to be- I thus get quite puffed before I can start to peruse Pprune.

Is this a plot or is there a fix.
Suggestions please!

InFinRetirement
17th Nov 2000, 16:09
I have pprune open first too.

In desktop right click on Internet Explorer/click properties/click Connections and in the URL box line just put the URL you want. Click apply and OK and your all set.

R O Tiree
18th Nov 2000, 01:05
The PPRuNe home page is actually a framed page. This means that it will always display www.pprune.org (http://www.pprune.org) in the Location Bar.

What you need to do is start at the home page, click on "Forums" in the little menu at top left of the page. Wait for that to load, and you will notice that that little menu is still there, and the address is still the same. Now scroll down until you find the forum you are looking for. Right-click this forum and a pop-up menu will appear. Select "Open in New Window" (in Netscape) or "Open Link in New Window" (in IE5). You will notice in the new window that the frame has now disappeared, taking the menu with it, and the correct address is now shown in the Location Bar. Now in IE5, select the Tools Menu, Internet options and click on the "Use Current" button. In Netscape, select the Edit menu, Preferences, Click on "Navigator" in the left-hand window, then click on "Use Current Page".

Your home page is now set at the correct forum.

[This message has been edited by R O Tiree (edited 17 November 2000).]

cribble
18th Nov 2000, 04:30
All.Thanx for your help.

R O Tiree
You legend! Thanx for the Noddy's guide. It works perfectly.