PDA

View Full Version : September 11th

GoneWest
31st Oct 2001, 07:16
Forgive me for grabbing space on this board. If the moderators want to close the thread that's no problem - it will not use any extra bandwidth....just leave it "clickable".

If you have the time, the willpower and a good video streaming connection on your computer - turn down the lights, turn up the sound and watch this movie.

The running time is just under eight minutes.

http://www.moyermr.com/america360.wmv

<<edit is to say that unfortunately I cannot claim any credit what-so-ever for this product...I wish I could>>>

[ 01 November 2001: Message edited by: GoneWest ]

touch&go
1st Nov 2001, 00:54
Thanks for that, well put together video.

DesiPilot
2nd Nov 2001, 09:47
Thanks GoneWest.

Just downloaded it. Excellent video.

Azure
2nd Nov 2001, 14:15
Took quite awhile to download, even with cable, but worth it. The only downside? When I first heard Enya's song "Only Time" I loved it so much - I have a few of her other CD's as well - I bought it right away. Then, an American produced show about New York Firefighters and Paramedics played it on a show where a bunch of teenagers were killed in a car crash during prom (I'm the mother of a teenager so it kinda hit home.)

I recently watched another Sept. 11 vidio on the net done by a Colledge in LA, they used the same song, now when I hear it, all I think about is death!

I wonder how Enya is taking all this? It's more of a love song, mostly suited to weddings or people who just love to hear a beautiful voice. Now an anthem for Sept. 11?

Heliport
3rd Nov 2001, 19:03
I'm probably being very stupid, but here goes anyway .....

I downloaded the file, and some 'decompress code'(?) programme it offered me, but the video won't play except in short 1-2 second bursts, and then stops while it's "buffering".

I'm using Intel Pentium P4, 256 MB Ram and (from memory) a Geoforce(?) video card.

Any ideas from the boffins?

What_does_this_button_do?
4th Nov 2001, 02:40
Heliport: I'm guessing but I think that the video is playing quicker than your Internet connection can supply the video. What I would do is press "Stop", and wait for the progress bar to increase then press play.

B

What_does_this_button_do?
4th Nov 2001, 02:46
I've just right clicked, done "Save to disk" and written it to my hard drive.

Heliport
5th Nov 2001, 20:57
Thanks, W_D_T_B_D.
Works fine when saved to the hard drive.

GoneWest
Thanks for the link.
Impressive video, and very moving.
http://www.tenniscompany.com/images/USFLAG.gif