PDA

View Full Version : medicore airshow done by Eurofighter

rousseau
4th Aug 2008, 11:35
If you are a pilot of Eurofighter, could you tell me why the performance done by Eurofighter in aishow just like a donkey run around a mill?
I've searched many video from YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. (http://www.youtube.com), after watch, I wondered, the canard which was designed for hi-maneuver to neutralizing Su-27 was wasted to its purpose.
However, the SHE/F was developed from HornetC/D which initially was one of the most mediocer jet in 3nd gen fighter.but it did quite impressive action in many airshow.

I'm a blinder maybe, your rebutment are welcome. :)

soddim
4th Aug 2008, 11:45
You need to get away more often, rousseau, preferably to a live airshow. Too much You Tube is not good for your judgement.

mystic_meg
4th Aug 2008, 12:21
..I see Carol Vorderman's redundant letters/numbers just made another (random) appearance.:rolleyes:

talk_shy_tall_knight
4th Aug 2008, 12:29
Blinding post rousseau. Hope Charlie gets to see it.

"...like a donkey run around a mill" :ok:

Good luck with the rebutment.

"blinder" :D

airborne_artist
4th Aug 2008, 12:31
What is a medicore airshow

Does it involve nurses and the innerds of an apple? The mind boggles :E

TalkTorqueTorc
4th Aug 2008, 13:11
I think you'll find they're Foreplanes not Canards. An important distiction.

Wholigan
4th Aug 2008, 13:14
Going to criticize (especially criticizing someone posting in what is patently a second, third or possibly even 4th language)?

Then get it right yourself in your first language!

I believe you will find that "innerds" should be spelt "innards".

:E

Seldomfitforpurpose
4th Aug 2008, 14:11
Is it criticize or criticise..............:E

noregrets
4th Aug 2008, 14:20
JSP 101 recommends the spelling first listed in the COED, so on the strength of that you'd use 'criticise'; however, 'criticize' is the correct English spelling - as is 'distinction' :8

This is what happens when we feed the troll :E

TiffyFGR4
4th Aug 2008, 15:27
Looks like someone's been taking advice from thirteen year old members off youtube that know better than the actual pilots that fly them for a living :rolleyes: :ugh:

When you see a Typhoon performing in the air, it's called; "Maneuverability"!

When you see a Su-XX performing back flips in the air, it's called; "Pointless 'Get a missile up your arse' Maneuverability"! :}

Gainesy
4th Aug 2008, 15:36
Jag mate watching the first MiG-29 tailslide at F'boro:
"Magic! They've got something I could catch at last".:)

Jackonicko
4th Aug 2008, 15:53
Without wanting to feed the troll, it must be said that it isn't easy to find decent footage of a really good Typhoon airshow performance on t'internet.

It's frustrating, as many of us have seen the aircraft displaying very impressively, so we know that it can knock the spots off a Super Hornet or a non-TV 'Flanker' as an airshow performer.

Despite flying the jet many years ago, when limits were more conservative, Keith Hartley seemed to fly a much more impressive and punchy display than the recent EF GmbH TPs have done - though John Turner was always good value and Partz impressed the hell out of me with his display in a jet toting six 1,000-lb bombs at the last Farnborough.

But I haven't seen a really dynamic HAVV roll (for example) since Keith was displaying the jet, and I do think that Chris Worning and Maurizio Celli have been guilty of making the jet look a bit tame and dull, as did Matt Elliott, except on that one, memorably exciting moment.

Why is that?

But our trolling friend sounds French, so - in the interests of being welcoming and friendly and all - I'll refrain from describing Rafale's increasingly rare airshow appearances as looking like a French delicacy - (it made me think either of a very slow snail, or of a frog.... after some chef had cleavered off its back legs). But Dassault can't seem to give it away, and seem to have given up trying, poor dears, so I doubt we'll see it often.

Jimlad1
4th Aug 2008, 16:45
This guy sounds similar to the lunatic French nationalist (gilles/gn/gogo/Thunder/Sampiax) that turned up here a few years ago spouting off about Rafale and ended up telling pilots that they didnt know their own aircraft.

I think I'll go warm up the popcorn :-)

wg13_dummy
4th Aug 2008, 17:09
I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of eldeberries.

peterperfect
4th Aug 2008, 17:33
wg 13 please leave the defenceless elderberries out of it, you'll be having a go at the cheesemakers next...

Signed: the PFLC (Peoples Front for the Liberation of Comestibles: our Fiat 500 will be round your door in a flash)

You've been warned.

PPRuNe Pop
4th Aug 2008, 17:57
The way I see this thread is very simple. Its got nowhere and its going nowhere. What's left then?

Can't even bring myself to say get it back on track! :rolleyes: But I do know how far the buffers are.

wg13_dummy
4th Aug 2008, 18:28
PFLC (Peoples Front for the Liberation of Comestibles)

Bloody splitters.

BEagle
4th Aug 2008, 18:40
rosseau, mon petit fromage-mangeant singe se rendrant.

Vous avez le wrong end du stick, mon vieux!

Les foreplanes du TypHoon sont pour le supersonic agility; ils ne sont pas pour posing aux air shows comme un Rafale-emmerdeur ou chauffeur du M2K!

Le TypHoon est vachement mieux comme un piece-de-merde Hornet ou Sukhoi vingt-beaucoup!! Et CA MARCHE!!

;)

Navaleye
4th Aug 2008, 19:01
Without wishing to rain on anyone's parade, I've not seen a Tiffy airshow that has made my jaw drop. They have all been rather pedestrian. I few CCs of adrenalin wouldn't go far wrong.

Just my 2p

The Helpful Stacker
4th Aug 2008, 19:09
Because after all isn't that what all the money and technology is really for, to keep a few spotters happy at airshows?:rolleyes:

Jackonicko
4th Aug 2008, 19:33
Navaleye,

Whereas looking at a stationary carrier gets your adrenalin pumping?

Different strokes....

BEagle
4th Aug 2008, 19:36
Without wishing to rain on anyone's parade, I've not seen a Tiffy airshow that has made my jaw drop

You should have been at RIAT a few years ago....:eek:

taxydual
4th Aug 2008, 20:10
Old stuff, I know, but this one by any chance?

YouTube - Eurofighter Demo. with Scary Ending! (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JSXRPH9PVjM&feature=related)

Hmm, I should imagine that more than jaws dropped!!

ps Medicore!!! Don't you just love the English language!

The Real Slim Shady
4th Aug 2008, 20:10
I think all the CC's of adrenalin.......and Stores holdings of Underwear, Aircrew, Typhoon Display Pilot, Long John's,...were well and truly used up after the early display manoeuvre of "Let's get as close to the ground as possible in full burner coming out of the vertical and see if we can scorch the runway"

FB11
4th Aug 2008, 20:38
Now, you naughty scamps, you'll regret your comments - enjoy the Typhoon while you still can back here in the UK.

Now that it's been declared truly multi-role, it'll be heading east before you know it.

Oh, hang on..........

PPRuNe Pop
4th Aug 2008, 21:17
Well done guys.

I have to say that I thought the Typhoon display at F'boro was outstanding. Great stuff.

KiloDeltaYankee
5th Aug 2008, 03:25
I quite like this video:

YouTube - RAF Typhoon Airshow Display - In-cockpit - Narrated by Pilot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APiiKsH0dR4)

KDY

AdLib
5th Aug 2008, 15:57
I agree with PPP. That was an outstanding TypHoon display.

Then the F-22 arrived ...

American or European? American ... NO, European AAAAAAaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.

AR1
6th Aug 2008, 11:56
Get a sense of perspective, I remember being impressed at airshows by a Buccaneer, and that struggled to turn inside the same county!

whowhenwhy
6th Aug 2008, 19:32
Yes that one was quite entertaining - the earth truly moved! As did people's bowels I'm sure. The paperwork made interesting reading! The real display was very good actually - bravo zulu. Having watched Typhoon a couple of times this year I've been quite impressed, but, in terms of it's ability to point its nose in a visual range arena, the Super Hornet looked to have better manoeuvrability. Before anyone else says it, admittedly that's not the point and I'm sure(hope) that in a BVR engagement the wonder-jet will water over almost everyone else's parade. But the Hornet still looks very impressive; however, all the gear, no id....:E

advocatusDIABOLI
6th Aug 2008, 19:34
Seen 2 this year. Well Done Charlie, awsome effort!! Well done Mate! :D

Well, not bad for a colonial anyhow!!!! Might have looked better in a Macce!

Advo

sunshine band
10th Aug 2008, 19:20
I was quite impressed... especially with it managing to hold formation on the Spitfire in the last photo whilst in reverse gear!

SB

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee29/STICKMONKEYTAMER/spittyph1sepiared.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee29/STICKMONKEYTAMER/zj911redone1.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee29/STICKMONKEYTAMER/zj911invert1.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee29/STICKMONKEYTAMER/efawad6red.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee29/STICKMONKEYTAMER/efawad1sred.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee29/STICKMONKEYTAMER/zj911spitcross4.jpg

tonker
10th Aug 2008, 19:43
Excellent pictures. I personally didn't like this display at Waddington as the Typhoon naturally roared out the beautiful noise of the Griffon engine. Hard to sell a Spitfire to my 4 and 5 year olds when a current generation fighter is displaying next to it but there you go.

I must say i agree with this threads title as i have never really seen a Tyhoon display that looks anyhting other than, well sterile. A few years back at Farnborough, an F16 display pilot put his through a demo that was roll pitch vortices and noise from begining to end. Even the Flanker display pilot said it was the best display he had ever seen, from a Flanker display pilot!!!!

As for the current Reds display it is without doubt the best i have seen for years, especially of what i have seen displayed abroad.

Just my view:ok: