PDA

View Full Version : COMPUTER LUDDITE NEEDS HELP

jumbojetman
28th Oct 2001, 19:02
I am new to Pprune. Every time I access Pprune only 2 to 3 minutes go by before there is an Explorer message on my screen that says THIS PROGRAM HAS PERFORMED AN ILLEGAL OPERATION AND WILL BE SHUT DOWN The only way to restore the computer is to click on the close icon. If I click on the DETAILS icon it says Explorer caused an invalid page fault in module MSHTML.DLL at 0167:70c8f34f with lots of other letter and number blah . Can anyone out there help? Unfortunately this will need to be in simple speak as computers are a bit like NDB holds – a bit of a mystery. I don’t have problems like this on other Web sites . Can anyone out there help?

TR4A
28th Oct 2001, 20:48
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q169/7/47.asp

SYMPTOMS
When you are browsing with Internet Explorer, you may receive the following error message:
Iexplore caused an invalid page fault in module Mshtml.dll...
These error messages may be intermittent and are generally associated with using High Color (16-bit) or True Color (24-bit) color settings.
CAUSE
This behavior can occur if you are using an older third-party video adapter driver.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, use the appropriate method(s).
Method 1
Contact the manufacturer of your video adapter to inquire about obtaining a driver update that works correctly with Windows 95.
Method 2
Reduce the Color Palette setting in Display properties to 256 Color by using the following steps:
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

Double-click Display.

Click the Settings tab.

In the Color Palette box, click 256 Color.

Click OK.

Restart your computer when you are prompted to do so.

MORE INFORMATION
The Mshtml.dll file is responsible for image rendering in Internet Explorer.