PDA

View Full Version : SO Initial Interview Question

RiddleDiddle84
3rd Aug 2008, 16:23
Hey all,
Been lurking on this forum for years now but not really an avid poster. Have one quick question.

I have an initial SO interview coming up, and I was wondering what the duration of the first class medical is in the eyes of CX. The FAA just changed the duration of the first class medical for young people to 12 calendar months. My medical is still currently a first class medical because it falls under the 12 calendar months but its past the 6 month mark. Would CX still consider this a first class medical?

Also any new updates on the initial interview would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

SKYWCRJ
5th Aug 2008, 15:01
That change may only apply to the FAA not ICAO. Personally, I would error on the safe side and show up with a new 1st class medical to avoid any misunderstandings.

RiddleDiddle84
9th Aug 2008, 14:10
Has anybody done the Pilot Career Centre phone interview prep? I can't make it up to Vancouver before the interview. Is it worth the money?

Thanks

LOC1GSarmed
10th Aug 2008, 05:13
What's your background? Out of curiosity. The PCC if you ask me is a waste of money if you are interview savvy. Then again if your are lacking in direction of how overseas company do things it will be a good idea.

fly012
13th Aug 2008, 23:25
How long did it take to get the interview date after submitting your application?
thanks

RiddleDiddle84
19th Aug 2008, 00:56
I've had my stuff in for about a year and a half.

T-Mass
19th Aug 2008, 01:12
Just came back from the 2nd DESO interview. I mentioned to the nurse the new FAA 1st class duration, and I got the impression they weren't aware of the new regulation, nor did they particularly care. My advice is to get a fresh one and not have to worry about it. Good luck!

T