PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air's new winter schedule

In such way that...
3rd Aug 2008, 09:45
Gulf Air has revealed a series of changes to its winter 2008-09 schedule which sees capacity increases in India and Europe in particular.
All these changes have been uploaded on major GDS systems. The main highlights are as follows:

CDG - frequencies increased from daily to 9 weekly flights effective Oct 29th. All flights will be flown using an A 332.
DEL - frequencies increased from 10 weekly to double daily i.e. daily A 343 + daily A 320.
DAC - frequencies increased from daily to 10 weekly. All flights are flown using an A 343. (FYI...this increase is already in place)
BOM - frequencies reduced from triple daily to double daily.
BKK - frequencies increased to 11 weekly nonstop flights from BAH i.e. weekly A 332 + 10 weekly A 343s.
HYD - capacity increased from daily A 320 to 5 weekly A 321s + two weekly A 320s.
CCU - capacity increased from 2 weekly A 320s to 2 weekly A 332s effective August 08.

Sal-e
3rd Aug 2008, 15:00
This makes perfectly good business sense. All they need to do now is to ensure the aircrafts are in good working order.

midseal
3rd Aug 2008, 16:28
not only that, also its imperitive that the crews are motivated to do them,,,,,, wow more india destinations. Is this something to brag about?, me thinks NOT. They make money which = salary paid out monthly. Makes sense to me!!! That a go GF, stratagize by all means.....

Sal-e
5th Aug 2008, 20:22
GF is not bragging. Increasing India destinations and frequencies is purely a business decision. In fact, GF is looking at making all the India destinations turn around flights for the crews.
I, for one, will not be enjoying crossing the Arabian sea/Indian Ocean evey couple of days. But if it means good business, I will simply do my job.

Sal-e
6th Aug 2008, 14:42
Speaking of which, when do the A319s come in?

Flygulfair
8th Aug 2008, 12:56
sounds good! :hmm: