PDA

View Full Version : New Malaysian Airline?

essentialbus
3rd Aug 2008, 05:26
Just read it in yesterdays newspaper.

Business Times Online (http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/Saturday/Nation/globalair.xml/Article/)

Then did a Google on Airsmith Inc.

Air Smith Inc (http://www.airsmithinc.com/contact-us.html)

RM 700 Million to be spent on leases. Them would be happy campers in Miami.

Regards
E.B.

powerstall
3rd Aug 2008, 05:32
thought it was Firefly, who'll be operating ATRs. :)

PK-KAR
3rd Aug 2008, 18:37
I'd give this new Malaysian airline a set life expectancy...

Air Smith Inc... Interesting set of clients eh?

Jatayu... Dead
Bali Air... Dead
Linus Air... 732 ops dead, now revived with BAe146s, not done through Air Smith Inc.
Top Air... Dead, trying to pretend it's alive (they just hired ex-Adam F/As), but we know it's dead...
Lion Air... They dumped the 732s from these guys and Jatayu took them... in err... 2003??? (One crashed)...
Kartika Air... They tried to supply aircraft to Kartika Airlines v1.0, I think they succeeded until Kartika Air got dumped by the owners and was sold on... and I think their aircraft don't come from Air Smith anymore...

And the "success" of Air Smith in Indonesia is largely thanks to 1 guy, Capt A.L... who's basically hated by all his contemporaries after selling out his friends in leasing deals... in fact, there are accusations that Air Smith is in bed with AL for doing all the leasing scams done by AL... after directorship at Jatayu, then becoming CEO of Top Air (and he once offered me a "partnership" of paying for his fuel for revenue share... when I found out the aircraft's from Air Smith, I just walked out... and soon enough, his dirty deeds spread around and he quit or was kicked out of Top Air... now flying somewhere else trying to offer lease deals again for Air Smith (his current employer, has so far just entertained his proposals but laugh behind his back)...

Given Air Smith's "success stories" in Indonesia (I call them "trail of devastation"), I'd give these guys a life expectancy if they do proceed with Air Smith and their "usual promises"...

Let's not even get into the quality of airplanes they lease... (I still got engineers who worked at airlines having Air Smith planes, complaining to this day about those aircraft, and "contractual disputes" on maintenance).

But, apart from the Top Air story, it's all hearsay... (though I keep hearing it to this day)... *grin*

PK-KAR

azlee_19
5th Aug 2008, 13:59
talked to those guys who r gonna join, they're getting 767s and 73s