PDA

View Full Version : A New Era

The Management
3rd Aug 2008, 02:45
How many months ago did I convey to you that DEC would become the norm at The CP Group? As you can see, contracts are binding in honour only and we do what we want, when we want. We don’t care about the junior pilots losing out on career earnings so please AOA, don’t waste your time showing us graphs how junior members are disadvantaged. We don’t care.

Being short of pilots, we were not about to let 70 or so DEC walk away from Oasis. We knew most would want to come back to The CP Group and that is why we offered lower D scale salaries with no benefits on a Hong Kong roster. These pilots will work for us well below market value, a manager’s dream. Our Managers hold these pilots in the highest regard for increasing our bonus.

This is now the benchmark for all Hong Kong conditions and we will be working on this goal in the future. For those pilots that set this benchmark we thank you.

Our interim results will be announced soon and our propaganda machine will start on13th month payment. Those that don’t receive this benefit need not worry but we still expect you to go above and beyond your duties. The only profit share this year will be paid to Managers for their outstanding job in controlling our work force in these trying times.

Expect more DEC on bases in the near future. When we have an opportunity to introduce this, we will. If it makes you feel any better, join the AOA and complain or just take us to court. We will drag this out in HK court system until it goes away like most other AOA court cases.

If you don’t have a base at this time, don’t expect a base in the future in any rank. They will be filled with DEC and DEFO’s. If you don’t like it, leave. There are many pilots out of work or about to be out of work, so pilots are plentiful. There are many B777/B747 Captains in the USA looking to cash out of their Retirement Scheme early who would be very happy working for The CP Group until they are 60-65.

This may slow commands for Hong Kong based First Officers but you are paid a premium to be on a Hong Kong base. We don’t care if you are upset; we just need pilots in seats. If you don’t like it leave and start over with another operator. As I said, pilots are plentiful. As you are not commanders you have no choice when the commander uses discretion to increase your Flight Duty Time. If you don’t, there will be consequences, as for the commander if they don’t use discretion. We will address discretion later.

We are making very good headway with the HKCAD on various issues that will greatly increase the flexibility of our operations and increase productivity. Several areas are increased duty for 3 pilots operations, increased Flight Duty Periods for Table A and Table B before discretion is used, reduced rest in the order of 8 hours sleep opportunity just to name a few. Watch this space.

We like to thank all the pilots whom used discretion without consequence for the data collection in our presentation to the CAD. We realize when you use discretion you are bearing the legal right solely on your shoulders to complete the operation and we like to thank all those pilots for doing so. By using discretion it will indemnify The CP Group if there is an incident or accident.

It is expected to use discretion where possible whether to increase the FDP or to reduce rest, if not, commanders may be asked to explain. If First Officers/Second Officers don’t use discretion, it will be noted for their upgrade interview and be dealt with accordingly. With DEC it will take years to upgrade if you are Cat B category, so consider this a warning and use your judgment wisely.

To My Bonus.

The Management

3rd Floor
3rd Aug 2008, 03:42
haha... Love it!!:D:ok:

Saturn
3rd Aug 2008, 03:52
Guys and Gals, whether or not the management is real what he/she has said is EXACTLY WHY YOU NEED TO JOIN OR STEP UP!. Let's not let ANY of this happen. I for one can see UAL or NWA or retired BA Capt's on freighter coming! Where are our fleet managers and GMA? People again, NOW IS THE TIME!!! Call the CAD as well and say NO WAY!:eek:

powerstall
3rd Aug 2008, 04:57
Classic! :ok:

quadspeed
3rd Aug 2008, 17:02
EPR SET:

Are for for real or just not very good at social interaction?

The Management is trying to get you upset; there is no question about that, but you're completely missing the point, and, obviously, the target.

While you're busy googling for "fatigue", why not try the words satire, irony, and ponder why we need someone posing as The Management in the first place.

While he is madly ringing the warning bell trying to raise your awareness of the iceberg ahead, you're complaining about the noise he's causing?

Some people just can't be helped....

quadspeed
3rd Aug 2008, 17:15
that going into discretion is not something that is a target,

that was the very point he was making..... between the lines.

FIRESYSOK
3rd Aug 2008, 17:24
EPR SET what are you talking about? You've entered a discussion, read a few lines, responded, and now look a complete...

quadspeed
3rd Aug 2008, 17:32
Ok, one last time...

Irony from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Main Entry:iro·ny http://www.merriam-webster.com/images/audio.gif (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popWin%28%27/cgi-bin/audio.pl?irony002.wav=irony%27%29) http://www.merriam-webster.com/images/audio.gif (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popWin%28%27/cgi-bin/audio.pl?irony001.wav=irony%27%29)
Pronunciation: \ˈī-rə-nē also ˈī(-ə)r-nē\
Function:noun Inflected Form(s):plural iro·nies
Etymology:Latin ironia, from Greek eirōnia, from eirōn dissembler
Date:1502

2 a: the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning

You're completely missing the point.

411A
3rd Aug 2008, 23:03
have you ever heard of "fatigue"?

Oh dear, are pilots actually flying around...tired?
Surely not...:rolleyes:
Whatever next?:}

The Management has all the right ideas.
After all, we must get our bonuses...right on time, thank you very much.
FD crew...to be used.
Cabin crew...to be exploited to the fullest.

Management...to collect the maximum.

Ahhh, feel better now.:E

Liam Gallagher
4th Aug 2008, 00:13
*The original post has been removed by Liam G and replaced by this*

This is the internet; this is pprune; this is a site frequented by adults who can play rough. Re-read the warnings at the bottom of the page and re-brief yourself as to the warnings your Mum gave you about of putting any personal details on the web; I am only trying to extract the urine out of you; others will try and extract more.

The search functions are very useful; no disrepect intended to 411A; but you would be well wise to look at his posting history and you will be well wise to look at mine (if you haven't already)
Regards,
Liam Gallagher (Fading Rock Star of this Parish)

Saturn
4th Aug 2008, 03:24
Thanks Liam. Very professional to post that here on PPrune. I just wonder what I have ever done to you to deserve this? I think that you must have so many issues in your own life that you feel the need to take others down with you. To hurt other individuals on purpose makes me ashamed of you as well. If you reach a point in life where you need to hurt others it may be time to seek professional help. Good luck with all this. I hope it works out for you. Thanks again.

1200firm
4th Aug 2008, 10:21
Thanks for that "TM".You were the final inducement for me to join the AOA.Just going out now to get a "crew control only" phone.It won't be switched on very often I would say & certainly not at outports.

As an aside I just took my son to see the movie "Wall E".It featured a trash disposal robot trying to clean up a post apocalyptic earth.The only other apparent survivor on the dead earth was a single cockroach.I had a vision that an airline manager might pop up in the movie at some stage.

Yeager
4th Aug 2008, 10:26
Here we go again - as so often before. CX pilots eating their own. Sad, but nothing new under the skies I'm afraid. Its the essence of the "CX way". What we witness is "The Sick System" and the atmosphere created from the "top" ranks and down. Starting with the Swires and down. :eek:

Management is by far - how unfortunate it may be - the most factual and realistic person around this media. Like it or not.

Keep them posts coming The Management! :ok:

BlunderBus
4th Aug 2008, 13:45
..does anyone really want to bite at this idiot?
:hmm:

ACMS
4th Aug 2008, 14:43
He's been on my ignore list for 6 months and my blood pressure has dropped a lot.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dan Winterland
4th Aug 2008, 17:13
The only thing that worries me about The Management's posts is that the real management may be reading them to get ideas. :eek: