PDA

View Full Version : intracx on an iphone

Speed Weasel
2nd Aug 2008, 22:48
Anyone figured out if you can use intracx on an iphone?

Thanks S.W.

Ballistic Amah
3rd Aug 2008, 02:57
Spoke with IMT. They said it is not supported but at this time. Didn't give any indication when however.

The Management
3rd Aug 2008, 03:02
You should have intraCX on your iPhone to acknowledge crew direct. Why else have an iPhone?

To My Bonus

The Management

LGB
19th Dec 2008, 09:37
It's working fine now. Use betaiconnect instead of iconnect in the address, or check the login screen as there is a link below the login window.

C172Driver
19th Dec 2008, 20:11
yup, betaiconnect works on the iphone, including crew direct. If you're that way inclined.

mephisto88
20th Dec 2008, 05:58
I just typed in my iphone browser the following address: https://iconnect.cathaypacific.com , and the familiar intracx login screen came straight up, then saved it as an icon on the second page. Loading the site appeared to be seamless and faultless, and I'll admit to being a technological dinosaur.

It was great for checking all the loads to and from Aus over 4 weeks in Jan, the red/red:\ for all flts to Syd, Bne and Mel showed up really well, I guess its true that loads are of a concern to people on both sides of the company equation, but for obvious and differing reasons. Groupwise comes up quickly too.
Not sure if screw direct works, havent had cause to check that:ok:, and more to the point, why would you!

Baywatcher
20th Dec 2008, 08:33
Which is the best telephone company for the iphone in HKG?

mephisto88
20th Dec 2008, 22:38
3 had a promo in hello kitty city a short while ago, variety of plans, ok$$, choice of white/black and 8/16gig.

Flew with a friend recently, he missed the promo, but went to the 3 shop at airport (dep level close to immig entrance), mentioned the prev promo and with CX ID and a bit of haggling, got promo rates. I guess they are hurting for new customers like many other companies.

Gigaboomer
22nd Dec 2008, 00:37
The Cathay deal is still available from 3 at the airport. I didn't even need to haggle,was offered as soon as I mentioned Cathay.

Baywatcher
22nd Dec 2008, 02:39
Great news. What is the deal on roaming?

junior_man
22nd Dec 2008, 11:01
The iPhone is great, but 3 sucks. Every time I go somewhere and roam, I get an SMS telling me my roaming and IDD usage is very high and will be stopped until I call some idiot at 3 in HK. I keep telling them I travel and roam, and why don't they just charge it to the credit card they have on file. They just do not seem to get it.
IDD charges are much higher than Peoples Mobile.
Only good deal was for $48 HKD USA, Canada and mainland are same as local calls.
The service quality with 3 is also worse. I drop calls now in a number of places in HK. Spoke to a buddy with 3 and he says that is the norm.
Phone was a good deal but unless they get smarter, 3 is history when the contract is up, if not before.

Baywatcher
23rd Dec 2008, 02:34
Thanks for the feed back, will go else where!

Truckmasters
25th Dec 2008, 23:26
Roaming with 3
Have you done the seperate piece of paperwork to actually set up proper roaming with 3. It is a seperate form ( i asked for full roaming and IDD access from day 1), I don't have any issues with roaming on my phone. I do get an SMS on arrival into each port telling me how to ring home in HKG, no other problems

HKG dropped calls - In a perfect world you wouldn't have to do this fix but this is my solution.
I don't have an Iphone, however on my phone I lock the phone onto the GSM bands ie lock out the 3G bands. as a result I don't drop calls and get very good coverage in HKG. just unlock the 3G band if you need the high speed data/internet access. Create a shortcut to this function and it doesn't get in the way that much. The reason that I'm still with 3 is that their data plan beats anything else that I can find.

Recommend the airport 3 shop, quickest queues (often none) and often the best understanding of my spoken English language.

If someone finds a better data plan with the other carriers I'd love to hear about it.

hongkongfooey
2nd Jan 2009, 14:34
If anyone knows of a better deal on roaming than the thieves at PCCW, please let me know.
Or is $7/minute from China ( worse in some other parts of the world ) considered reasonable :ugh:
Oh, and if you calling someone in HK, that is also with PCCW, they are paying $7/minute also :{