PDA

View Full Version : Epic & Sigmar Aviation

Paul777
1st Aug 2008, 11:59
Hi Guys

I know there is most probably a link for this as I am sure it has been asked or mentioned before. Epic Aviation in the States seem to offer a great deal for CPL, fixed from 0 - 250 hours for approx £30K?? Is there a catch? I have been offered a place with Sigmar but not sure if it is worth paying the extra?

Your thoughts?

preduk
1st Aug 2008, 12:03
I don't know much about the course, but I would highly recommend you don't pay 30k upfront!

GusHoneybun
1st Aug 2008, 14:14
well, you will get different licences. epic will train you towards an FAA CPL+MEIR, which is useful only if you want to work in the states.
sigmar will train you towards a JAA CPL+MEIR, which you need to work in europe. the JAA route is always more expensive than the american route. you can do JAA training in the states, which is maginally cheaper and a whole different thread.

donogca
4th Aug 2008, 15:02
I have beem looking at EPIC as well. It looks like a professional and well valued school. I was thinking of doing my JAA licence over there and working as an instructor to build up hours over the following years instead of moving straight back to Ireland.
Do you know if it is hard to get a VISA after you complete the flight training? I'm thinking of completing my training in EPIC in early 2009.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Paul777
7th Aug 2008, 20:40
I spoke ot a guy from Epic if you do make an enquiry with them they will call you to see if the course is of interest. He tells me Visas are straight forward, but I am soon learning in this game dont always believe the salesmen!

Also Sigmar are actively promoting 100% guarantee job offer from their programme??? Suprising in the current climate...

I will let you know how things progress with Epic...