PDA

View Full Version : PPRuNe Chat and Windows 2000

Flypuppy
5th Nov 2000, 00:17
I was just wondering if there is anyone else who has had problems logging into the chat room while running Win 2000. I can sign in but the "wait while connecting to chat server" message never changes and I cant get any further. Is there something I am missing? Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

Narada
5th Nov 2000, 03:28
Works fine here. Make sure you have java enabled. Perhaps there was a problem with the server when you tried to connect.

(My OTHER browser doesn't show all the users, for some reason.)

10W
6th Nov 2000, 01:38
Same problem with Win NT Flypuppy http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Guess I'll just have to get another OS platform !!

------------------
10 West
UK ATC'er
[email protected]

redsnail
6th Nov 2000, 10:05
Ahhhhhh, so that's why you don't go into chat any more....
What's your excuse for not replying to emails?? :)

------------------
reddo...feral animal!

PPRuNe Towers
6th Nov 2000, 11:04
I know what you do for a living for forgive me if this gets filed under sucking eggs.

Are you trying to access through a firewall? Has the firewall recently been modified/updated? This is our most consistent cause of problems - impossible for me to get in while at work (the office not the flightdeck smartypants).

------------------
Regards from the Towers

[email protected]

Flypuppy
7th Nov 2000, 00:38
Surprisingly, I can use Chat at work (although I would never dream of doing such a thing in my employers time), but when I connect from home with Win200 it all goes deathly quiet on the chat front. I never used to have any problems with NT and I have tried all the usual suspects like enabling Java and the likes, I was just wondering if anyone had any tricks or secret cures.

10W
8th Nov 2000, 23:50
Reddo,

Yeah, I'm doing Chat cold turkey and missing it like crazy http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif Amazingly I still seem to spend as much time online as I ever did though !!

I'll drop you an e-mail reply tonight. My excuse for not doing it before was that I kept getting distracted by a voice constantly saying 'You've got mail' on my PC. Bloody annoying :)

------------------
10 West
UK ATC'er
[email protected]

Hew Jampton
9th Nov 2000, 01:07
Chat doesn't seem to work with Windows Me either - worked OK with W98

redsnail
9th Nov 2000, 14:38
Hey 10w, stop living up to your countrymen's reputation and go and BUY another motherboard for your computer!! :)
Go on, find that wallet, dust it off, prize it open and release the old mouldy notes that are in there! :)

------------------
reddo...feral animal!