PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Mishap in Adelaide

Pilotette
1st Aug 2008, 09:07
JQ452 Adelaide-Coolangatta

Fuel truck drives off without un-hooking and damages aircraft. :ugh:Punters who thought they were going to the Gold Coast are spending a night at the Hyatt Adelaide instead. :hmm:

Howard Hughes
1st Aug 2008, 09:12
Jetstar Mishap in Adelaide
Bit of a misleading title, are you a journo?:rolleyes:

Surely that is a Shell/Mobil/BP/Caltex/JAFS (delete as applicable) mishap!;)

tasdevil.f27
1st Aug 2008, 10:13
They are supposed to have interlocks fitted to the vehicle which prevents the vehicle from moving whilst the hoses are attached or not stowed correctly. Well Mobil ones do anyway.

kormanator
1st Aug 2008, 12:08
That will cost them a few bickies $$$.

Pax overnight in ADL.
Return flight from OOL cancelled Pax overnight on the GC.
Empty A320 JQ7981 flown in from?? Arrived approx 9:45pm local.

greenslopes
1st Aug 2008, 12:08
To err is human, personally I try and do stupid things as slowly as possible!

The Mr Fixit
1st Aug 2008, 12:30
If correct as stated its lucky no one was hurt, I have seen a video (CCTV) of an incident in Europe that ended in casualties, a fire on the tarmac and severe damage to the aircraft.

Guess we'll wait for the ATSB report..............not.....bet they haven't even been informed :mad:

Shazz-zaam
1st Aug 2008, 12:43
???? Passengers accomodated at the Hyatt?????

I always thought Jetstar policy was, bad luck, you're on your own, sleep at the airport as long as they don't close it overnight.
Is this policy changing due to the new CEO of Qantas?
Didn't AJ say something like "Bad luck,it's a low cost carrier" to people that were stranded in Sydney several months ago.
What has happened since then??????
Or is Shell footing the bill?

airbusthreetwenty
1st Aug 2008, 15:12
Shazamm.

Clearly this event is not caused by JQ, we're just the ones who have to do the service recovery. Which has been done.

Clearly MR SHAZAMM or whatever he has called is not privy to information contained within the JQ service recovery standards.

Unfortunately JQ does more than the cretin media, (IE; WHATEVER SHAZAMM REPORTS, The Daily Telegraph or Today Tonight..) report

TID EDIT: Play nice, people.
A320 EDIT: Just to clarify

Sunfish
1st Aug 2008, 20:32
Tasdevil is correct, there is an interlock that's supposed to keep truck brakes engaged unless the coupling is firmly seated in its rack.

Shouldn't be any damage to the aircraft apart from replacing the dry break fitting which is designed to fail long before there is any damage to anything important.

Mat Sabo
1st Aug 2008, 21:49
No, must be some disinformation somewhere. Such thing can't happen in OZ; they have the highest safety stds in the world. It can only happen in some third world joint. You fellas must be badly mistaken.

flyinggit
2nd Aug 2008, 06:04
A friend of mines dad is a fuel man & he mentioned that the interlock is capable of being over ridden in case of an emergency such as a fire & the rig needs to be removed from the scene connected or not. Faults he said are sometimes found in the system & then over ridden by the user. He mentioned that the same thing happened at Tulla in the mid 80's when a truck drove off with the hoses still connected to the wings under surface, lots of dollars latter the plane was fixed.

FG

tasdevil.f27
2nd Aug 2008, 10:50
Yes there is the overide function, but why you would use it unless there was an emergency (thats what it is for) Saying that, the interlock may have not been working in the first place.

**** happens. But poor mistake if he just drove off & forgot about it.

Pilotette
3rd Aug 2008, 06:01
Howard Hughes..fair point! In that case its Mobils Mishap!

Thats probably why the "non-adelaide residents" were being put up at the Hyatt. Anyway I saw (& heard) many an unhappy passenger moping around complaining they were going to miss the 1st day of Splendour in the Grass!

PS. Haha def not a :mad: journo! :)

Howard Hughes
3rd Aug 2008, 06:27
Anyway I saw (& heard) many an unhappy passenger moping around complaining they were going to miss the 1st day of Splendour in the Grass!

Hmm... Two days for a reply, you haven't been at splendour yourself have you?;)

Prado
4th Aug 2008, 10:00
Zoolander, you must be looking at a different board to most!

Cheers
Prado.

mppgf
4th Aug 2008, 10:18
Derek you are full of it
Unlike you I actually work for Jetstar
Since Jetstar started I have had 3 flights cancelled.Thats over a period of 3 and a half years.
Thats fact unlike the b@ll**** you are peddling.:=

bush mechanics
4th Aug 2008, 10:51
That remins me of the time I watched a Floater Patrol truck drive of with hose still conected to a Ansett 737 in Alice Springs,
Very messy!!!As you all could emagine