View Full Version : Info on Wings Flight Training???

Johnny Red
1st Aug 2008, 02:09
Hi,

Looking for any info on Wings Flight Training at Palmerston North in NZ.

Im a CCAt thats been out of flying for a while and ive seen an ad looking for instructors.

Any feedback/information would be appreciated

Cheers in advance

skytops
1st Aug 2008, 13:46
They've recently employed one of the countries brightest and best A-Cats. You'd gain a lot from working under him.

divinesoul
1st Aug 2008, 23:39
hi johnny

i have heard more bad than good about the school.The A cat there is very very experienced ex Indian airforce.

i cant substantiate the feedback i got about this school.

If you are ready to work anywhere in NZ bay flight IInternational at tauranga are crying for Instructors.

goodLuck.

Water Wings
1st Aug 2008, 23:49
R.P.S is not an 'A' Cat, only a 'B' and from what I've heard, an average one at that.

The 'A' Cat is B.B, a bloody good guy.

27/09
1st Aug 2008, 23:52
Two different "A Cats" being talked about there.

The recently employed one is definitely not ex Indian airforce, he is a good guy but to say one of the countries brightest and best A-Cats is not doing other A cats justice. I think his employment was because of "certain issues".

Got the horn
2nd Aug 2008, 02:12
I'd keep clear of Wings/MDAC if I were you, although things seem to be on the improve there.

Voidhawk9
2nd Aug 2008, 09:29
Haven't any real info on it for about a year, but back then it was... less than an ideal place to work / fly. :ouch:

skytops
2nd Aug 2008, 10:54
27/09,

To cast dispersions on someone’s employment by saying that it is because of "certain issues" is not very helpful. Can you elaborate please?

27/09
3rd Aug 2008, 09:09
Skytops

I think the word you mean is "aspersions". If that is the case then I think you misread my post.

I was not casting aspersions on anyone's employment at all, in fact I was saying the exact opposite. He was being employed because what good he could do for the operation.

I hope you understand the meaning of what I wrote now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ugh:

skytops
3rd Aug 2008, 11:29
Yeah, thanks for being a bit clearer that time.

Capnmakka
6th Aug 2008, 10:13
if you like curry you'll slot right in