PDA

View Full Version : Flybe/FTE Mentored Airline Pilot Scheme (MAPS)

Cyrard_cazeilles
31st Jul 2008, 21:24
Hello,

It's my first post on pprune, so I hope you will be lenient with me.

Perhaps I have to present myself : I am 34 year old, I am French, and I had this tremendous passion for planes !

My question is : did someone apply to Flybe/fte MAPS scheme few days ago ? If so, did you receive any answer, after having sent your 10 questions with due answers ?

Personally I applied and then received their ten questions : I sent back my answers last sunday, but I haven't received any response so far.

Is it normal ? Are you in the same case ?

Thank you for your answers, if you are concerned by the same sponsorship.

owenoundle
31st Jul 2008, 23:17
Hi there
The deadline was on the 27th for the FTE/Flybe phase 1 application, and it will take till today for the final answers for phase 2 to be emailed, as everyone is given 3 days to email back the answers, and obviously if one applied on Sunday, they wouldn't get the questions till the next day. So I would wait for at least a week for them to get back to you. They don't send confirmation of receiving the phase 2 answers, but they would have def have got them if you replied to the email. Good luck!!
David

AdamLT
1st Aug 2008, 08:57
I've applied too. Just waiting to hear now. I guess it will be next week before we hear anything.

Good luck to those who applied!

mlowe
1st Aug 2008, 14:36
I'm the same boat boys.

Does any one know where an aptitude test might come in???

AdamLT
1st Aug 2008, 14:44
Stage 3 will be at Exeter where the aptitude test will take place.
check FTE's website for aptitude testing.

RSP_2407
3rd Aug 2008, 21:02
I rang them up last week sometime, maybe Tuesday, to ask when we could expect to hear anything. The lady on the phone said they would get in touch either Monday 4th or Tuesday 5th, so hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday, we should know.

Good luck!

AdamLT
4th Aug 2008, 08:11
cheers RSP_2407

i was getting a little worried as i hadnt heard anything.

good luck

RSP_2407
4th Aug 2008, 12:28
God this is excruciating! I've been checking my mail every five minutes at work!

Anybody else heard anything yet?

Cyrard_cazeilles
4th Aug 2008, 14:31
Hi guys,

I received a positive response one hour ago : I can pursue their selection process and go to stage 3.

They have invited me to attend the assessment day on tuesday 12th August.

Does someone else have similar news ?

I hope so, and in such case, I will pleased to meet you.

Cyrano.

PS : I think the huge difficulty for me will be on the interview : as I am a Frenchie, I can speak English but not with your Sheakespeare's level !

AdamLT
4th Aug 2008, 14:33
Congratulations Cyrano.

I am still waiting for the email. But i hope it's positive news too :)

Cyrard_cazeilles
4th Aug 2008, 14:33
Sorry for my mistake :

"I will be pleased to meet you" ans not "I will pleased..."

:rolleyes::ugh::ugh:

AdamLT
4th Aug 2008, 14:37
it's great that you spotted your mistake. Don't worry about the interview..and I don't speak like Shakespeare...so we are in the same boat :P

Cyrard_cazeilles
4th Aug 2008, 15:16
Hello Adam LT,

I hope it will be good news for you too.

Be patient, they certainly have lots of mails to send today.

Give us your news soon!

Cyrano

mlowe
4th Aug 2008, 16:02
Cyrano,

I have had the same positive news. I have been informed to arrive for 8:45AM on the 12th so will be spending the night before somewhere close to the airport. I imagine you will be doing the same???

Good luck everyone, I hate the 'sitting, waiting, wishing' feeling too.

Soph85
4th Aug 2008, 16:48
I also received an email today for the assessment in Exeter on the 14th August! Has anyone else heard back with this date? I'm just looking up B&B's for the night before!

Does anybody know how many people got through to this stage?
Goodluck to you guys on the 12th!

Cyrard_cazeilles
4th Aug 2008, 17:28
Hi Mlowe,

Congratulations !

If you already have booked a room in a good hotel, perhaps could you give me the name).

Indeed I want to book a bedroom in a quiet hotel, near the airport, in order to sleep well and a lot. I remember having taken one pilot selection in France without having enough slept, and I suffered a lot the day after.

So I am very demanding, concerning quiety and comfort for the hotel.

Did you find some interesting hotel ? If we find the same hotel, it could be fine to talk a bit before the tests, if you want.

I will try to find one, and I give you a feedback later on.

Cyrano.

Cyrard_cazeilles
4th Aug 2008, 17:32
Good luck to you Soph85 for the 14th, and congratulations too !

Cyrano

acepilotmurdock
4th Aug 2008, 18:18
Good luck all Exter is tough :ok:.

G SXTY
4th Aug 2008, 19:13
Cyrano

The Holiday Inn Express at Exeter is a good place to stay. A short bus or taxi ride from the airport, and you might even meet some Flybe trainees - they sometimes stay there during groundschool.

Matt101
4th Aug 2008, 19:46
See you all on the 12th at 0845 - I'm working a night flight to Paphos the same evening from Gatwick (currently Cabin Crew) so If you see me I will probably be the even more stressed one hoping he makes it to work in time (though If I am honest the Flybe intwerview is about a Gazillion (made up number I'm sure) more times important to me!)

Good luck to you all - looks like a busy schedule for the day but I'm sure we all want it enough!

Cyrard_cazeilles
5th Aug 2008, 09:15
Thank you G SXTY for this information.

I booked a bedroom yesterday in this hotel.

I read your testimony on this website, and it's encourageing, for old people like me (34 year old).

Cyrano.

AdamLT
5th Aug 2008, 16:06
RSP_2407

you mentioned earlier in he thread that you have spoken with FTE and said they would contact us on monday or tuesday this week. was it a rough estimation as to when we would hear?

i still havent heard anything. i guess i have to remain patient!!!

mlowe
5th Aug 2008, 16:34
I have opted against the holiday inn as it was £100. I will be staying in the Grange Hotel to let you know if any one fancies it. It is £55, has a nice victorian look about it and is closer to the airport with a free shuttle. I have asked them to drop me off at the flybe HQ to save me a taxi ride also.

Once again, good luck to those who have yet to hear from those higher up.

Mike

owenoundle
5th Aug 2008, 17:35
AdamLT, I haven't heard anything either. When did you send your reply to the email questions?

AdamLT
5th Aug 2008, 18:18
owenoundle...

i sent them on 18th july...so quite a while ago.

Pilot gonnabe
5th Aug 2008, 18:56
I must admit since reading in an earlier post about hearing from FTE on Monday or Tuesday I have been checking my inbox every half hour! lol.

I also submitted my questions on the 18th July and still nothing.....I can only assume that if I make it through then the day I will be allocated to attend will be towards the end of next week.

acepilotmurdock
6th Aug 2008, 07:12
I applied for the pilot scheme at waterford and had my interviews the other week. I found out yesterday I got through and am on cloud 9.......pardon the pun! So I am starting in october. As I said earlier good luck to all as Exeter interviews are tough. Happy landings all :ok:

RSP_2407
6th Aug 2008, 11:48
Adam LT,

When I spoke with FTE, she said it would be Monday or Tuesday, and I received an email on Monday at 1330 informing me I had progressed to Phase 3. I received another call this morning (Wed) asking if I would confirm my attendance on Thursday 14th Aug at 1230.

She sounded pretty sure as to when we would hear back from them so if you still haven't heard anything, ring them up and ask to speak with a lady called Ava. They're very friendly and all speak English!

Good luck, again!

Richard.

AdamLT
6th Aug 2008, 14:15
cheers Richard.

I have just spoken with FTE, and they are sending a batch of emails out today. so..i wait with my fingers crossed!

CruiseControl_007
6th Aug 2008, 14:25
Good news guys...I've been invited on Wednesday 13th August at 12.30pm. :ok:

Good luck to the rest of you. Hope to see you there.

Adam, give me a call if you get through. Good luck mate!

AdamLT
7th Aug 2008, 18:01
finally got the email today.....what a long wait :P

see you all there at 12.30 on the 13th if you're there

mlowe
9th Aug 2008, 13:27
What do you guys expect in the interview???

AdamLT
9th Aug 2008, 22:32
i believe it's just HR questions mate....like why do you want to be a pilot, to have you led a team before.

when is your assessment?

mlowe
10th Aug 2008, 15:56
This Tuesday...

Alot of prep to be had...

Anyone else for this tuesday? Wheres every1 staying?

dm2000
12th Aug 2008, 14:37
alright all,

How did the interviews go. i'm heading down in a couple of days. I think it'll just be the usual 'when have you lead a team?' type of an interview but any feedback would be appreciated.

good luck

dm2000

mlowe
19th Aug 2008, 14:26
So how did it go for everyone??? I generally think OK for myself. I have a feeling of not being surprised if I do or dont get offered phase 4 however... odd.

AdamLT
19th Aug 2008, 14:48
it went ok also. the joystick was the most off putting of all the tests. very badly collaborated.

have you heard anything yet mlowe? did they say about a week or 2 before we would hear anything? i also believe flybe will contact us if we have got through to phase 4 (so ive heard from a friend who is already on the MAPS scheme)..and if not, FTE will contact us.

all the best to those who went to phase 3 last week

RSP_2407
19th Aug 2008, 15:27
Hi all,

I went on Thursday afternoon and found the crosshair exercise with the joystick to be extremely difficult. I applied for CTC a while back and can't remember this test being so difficult at that assessment.

And I'm sure if the horizontal crosshair was at the bottom of the screen you had to pull up to get it up back to the centre, which is the opposite to when you're actually in an aircraft. If the bar is down, you go down. Same if its to the left, you must fly left to intercept whatever it is. So I found it hard to counteract my natural reaction which was, if its down, you are too high. I hope the other tests were good enough to get through!

Apart from that, and a few rather tricky maths questions, I think it went OK. Thank god we got a calculator to use, a lot of questions would have been impossible within the time limit without one!

It's excruciating waiting and not knowing when they are going to tell us. The lady wouldn't say exactly when because she didn't really know. I just hope to god its soon, and good news!

Richard.

mlowe
19th Aug 2008, 18:07
this waiting game is horrific to bear...

the first joystick test - forget it. what scores did u get for the first 2 tests?
i got 6, 5, 5 and 8, 9, 10.

the maths, diddnt realise there would be so much with such a short time to calculate but think i did well.

the verbal reasoning, a little tricky but you could argue a few answers on some questions.

the interview - was very short/quick so dont know what to make about that.

AdamLT
19th Aug 2008, 19:00
i got 5, 6, 6..then 8, 9, 10.

the waiting is excrutiating to say the least!

Sabre1987
19th Aug 2008, 23:07
oh dear lord I cant stop thinking about it!:sad:
this is the first test i have ever done like this and i got 3(high), 3(medium), 3(low)
then i got 5(high), 6(low), 6(medium) or something like that. i dont know what it means but i got lower scores than both of you above me. so i guess i must have done worse.
i didn't realise there would be so much maths involved and patheticly i forgot how to do pythagorus in the first paper.
I feel my interview went ok, the interviewer (whose name i have now forgotten) wrote a fair bit down, whatever that means.
Hope i get picked, good luck all

CruiseControl_007
20th Aug 2008, 12:19
Hey guys,

Yeah I agree with the joystick being a total nightmare. When the lady said that it was sensitive, boy she wasn't kidding!

I THINK on the deviation indicator test I got a 5/6/7 and on the flying through boxes test I got 10/10/10 but I could be completely wrong. It's all a blur now!

If anything I don't think I performed too well in the written tests. As soon as I opened the paper my mind just went blank!

Remember they were testing your learning capacity and therefore would expect improvements in score on each attempt in each of the tests. So you don't have to be an ace pilot to get through.

Best not to worry about it. It's only natural to start carrying out a "post-mortem" on tests. I know one thing though...my brain was totally cabbaged by the end of the assessments!

I wish they would tell us this week but I think the lady mentioned we would hear a week before the next phase...so I presume we should hear something next week.

Best of luck to all.

I'll post if I hear anything.

Matt101
20th Aug 2008, 14:18
Hey Guys,

Just got invited for Phase 4 anybody else heard the good news.

Flybe call you.

Matt

Sabre1987
20th Aug 2008, 14:32
Gratz!!:ok: not heard anything yet
phones up loud

AdamLT
20th Aug 2008, 15:02
Matt101

Congratulations.
When is your Phase 4?

Ad

Matt101
20th Aug 2008, 20:54
Hey,

4th September 10am for me but there are various slots from what I gathered.

Lucky I got the call really was just coming round from jet lag after a work flight back from ATL - keep looking out guys, lucky for me I don't work all weekdays so managed to be around for the call.

Matt

AdamLT
20th Aug 2008, 20:57
cheers matt.

very well done again. fingers crossed :)

Cyrard_cazeilles
20th Aug 2008, 21:34
Hi guys,

I also received good news today : I am invited for the stage 4. I proposed the 4th september too.

See you soon...

The Froggy guy !

CruiseControl_007
20th Aug 2008, 21:50
Cyrard and Matt....congratulations guys.

Still haven't received a call yet. Starting to get itchy...

RSP_2407
21st Aug 2008, 10:58
Oh God, why haven't I heard anything yet?! This is awful!

Well done, you two.

AdamLT
21st Aug 2008, 11:16
nail biting wait!!!

Sabre1987
21st Aug 2008, 11:19
This is horrible!:ugh:
Why don't they just phone me? My emails are being streamed to my phone as well, every time i get an email my heart skips a beat, damn facebook.

Soph85
21st Aug 2008, 14:18
Hey guys,

I also received the phone call yesterday and have the interview on the 4th, so I'll see you guys there!

Fingers crossed for those still to hear!

Soph

Matt101
22nd Aug 2008, 12:24
Hey Guys,

anybody going on the 5th or the 8th would be great if you could PM me.

Thanks

RSP_2407
22nd Aug 2008, 13:11
Im getting a bit worried now as some of you heard on Wednesday and I haven't heard anything yet and its now Friday afternoon. Anyone know what sort of order, if any, they are contacting people?

AdamLT
22nd Aug 2008, 13:45
RSP_2407
you're not alone mate!!
but as we haven't heard from FTE (as to whether we were unsuccessful)...maybe no news is good news

mlowe
22nd Aug 2008, 17:57
Matt, Soph, Pierre - well done - I'm with you guys... 10am on the 8th! anyone else that day...

Any ideas as to how many got through from the 29?!

CruiseControl_007
27th Aug 2008, 09:18
Anybody who was at the assessments on the 13th August heard anything yet?

It seems that they have already filtered out the 12th and 14th applicant results.

What about the 13th? :confused:

Andy120
27th Aug 2008, 09:33
Yep I was there on the 13th...9:30am. Although the lady was adamant that we would hear within two weeks not one! I’m thinking of ringing Mary Jo today as I need to find out soon to get the day of work! But if other candidates heard last Wednesday it would be a bit unfair however you don't know how they are organising the interview... like the partial first and mentored last. The good thing is that no one has been rejected.

AdamLT
27th Aug 2008, 10:00
Guys

I have emailed FTE to find out what's going on. It would be nice to hear this week as i will need to give work good notice of the day off required for phase 4.

Let me know if you both hear anything.

Sabre1987
27th Aug 2008, 10:11
ok, let us know what they come back with, id like to know. its better just one of us asks, rather than all of us bombarding them with emails about the same thing.

CruiseControl_007
28th Aug 2008, 10:05
Anyone heard yet?

This is really doing my head in! :ugh:

I really am now doubting that I have got through to phase 4. It's just too short notice to notify someone at this late period in the working week.

Just out of curiosity, those who have already had a call for phase 4...did they call you via a private number or was it an Exeter number that was displayed on your phone?

CruiseControl_007
28th Aug 2008, 10:19
Guys,

Some bad news I'm afraid for those with no reply yet...

Just contacted FTE and they told me that those who have been selected for phase 4 have already been contacted by FlyBe last week.

So if you have not had a call last week from FlyBe it means that unfortunately you have not been successful in phase 3. FTE will be sending emails to the unsuccessful candidates by COB tomorrow.

Oh well back to plan A.

Best of luck to those who are going to phase 4.

AdamLT
28th Aug 2008, 10:55
Extremely disappointed not to have been told yet.
I felt extremely confident about my performance on Phase 3.

oh well...Florida here I come.

Good luck to all those who got through to Phase 4.

Ad

RSP_2407
28th Aug 2008, 11:43
Hi all,

What Cruise Control says appears to be true. I have just rung FTE and they confirmed those with no reply have been unsuccesful on the MAPS scheme. But the lady I spoke with said we should be receiving a phone call either this week or next week to discuss further options, whatever that means. Maybe we can still get on with FTE, but not the Flybe MAPS? The lady at phase 3 said if we're not good enough for the MAPS we could still be offered a place at FTE, but we'd have to go to Jerez to 'talk to them.' God knows why, surely they have all the information about us already!

The lady on the phone today said we would receive feedback as to why we were not succesful, which is helpful (better that CTC who don't tell you anything, which is extremely annoying...).

On a another note, I though I'd actually performed quite well at Phase 3. The maths and physics and verbal reasoning weren't especially difficult, and neither were most of the PILAPT tests. Bring on the feedback, I say.

Each time I have spoken to FTE, it seems that I have got a different response, so not sure if even they know when they are planning on contacting us. I rang Flybe yesterday (it took me three different phone calls to actually get a number for the switchboard!) and they didn't have a clue what was going on with the results. They told me to reply to the letter they sent out inviting me to Phase 3, but of course, there was no letter, it was email. What is also annoying is the fact that we have had to wait over a week to find our bad news, whereas the succesful applicants found out last week.

So, back to the drawing board .................

CruiseControl_007
28th Aug 2008, 12:07
RSP_2407,

Past experience tells me that FTE normally send you an email (not very detailed) indicating your weakness(es) in the phase 3 assessment and outlining your options which normally means a direct rejection from FTE or go to Jerez and retake some of the tests if they feel that you can improve on the weaker aspects of your ability. So I wouldn't really expect a courtesy phone call, just an email.

It has also annoyed me too, being notified at the last minute and thats AFTER I had called them otherwise I (we) would still be waiting with tainted hope.

I think I've had enough of applying to schemes and getting the feeling of constant disappointment as well as being stuck in a rut.

Just get on with it is what I say...

All the best.

RSP_2407
28th Aug 2008, 12:21
Constant rejection isn't good for the soul is it? I'm a good pilot too, I think! Its annoying because they are basically telling us that we could not cope with the work load, both flying and ground exams, which I think is a load of cobblers. If we aren't able to prove them wrong, then we can't prove them wrong. They should just give us a place on the course. We are OBVIOUSLY going to want to do as well as we can because we enjoy it. Flying is what we were made to do. And I won't stop trying until I have landed a job in the right hand seat of a commercial airplane. The ATPLs aren't that hard (apparently), there's just a lot of them, and I believe they can get quite heavy going (esp. Air Law, which isn't the most exciting of subjects). And how could the flying ever get boring? Whizzing around in the circuit, or just visiting the pumps at my airport is still exciting, it never gets boring. So with pure determination I know I could get through the course. So i just hope that FTE are able to offer me some kind of good news.

Best of luck.

Sabre1987
28th Aug 2008, 12:29
Is it possible to apply for Flybe again on their MAPS scheme? i know on NetJets if you get through to stage two and you fail to get on their scheme you cannot apply through them again.
This was my first attempt so i've still got a lot left in me and i shant allow this to put me off. i think you can do the course if you put your mind to it, only i know how much i want this, and possibly my girlfriend she gets an earful.
good luck guys and girls, where are you going from here?

Sabre1987
31st Aug 2008, 01:32
sorry to bring this sore, for some of you, topic up again, but has anyone had any official rejection emails/calls?
I've not heard squat, good nor bad. I'd be kicking myself forever if I did get to stage four and didn't know about it.:ugh:
could someone PM me the number i need to call to confirm it?
Cheers muchly,

AdamLT
1st Sep 2008, 07:42
utterly disappointed in FTE. i'm glad i wasn't picked for the MAPS scheme now. i have lost all faith in these type of FTO's and I have no intentions in forking out £80k for their course. i think modular is the way forward!!

RSP_2407
1st Sep 2008, 10:55
Sabre 1987, no I have not received anything official from FTE. I am expecting something though. Some lady I spoke with said we'd be receiving something. But god only knows when.

AdamLT
1st Sep 2008, 11:07
i've just had an email from them saying i wasnt successful and that i would be contacted shortly again. this email was only after a barrage of emails to them.

RSP_2407
1st Sep 2008, 11:52
Adam,

Do you have any idea what they will be contacting you shortly about? Did they mention anything about the fact that you haven't been picked for the MAPS, but may be eligible for training still not in conjunction with Flybe?

So frustrating.

AdamLT
1st Sep 2008, 11:59
RSP_2407

All they said was that i was unsuccessful at stage 3. no word on options available to me. but i shan't accept their offer of a place on their self sponsored intergrated route if i'm offered a place.

will you be heading there if they offer you a place?

RSP_2407
1st Sep 2008, 12:29
If they offer me a place, I will certainly think about it. Its getting to the stage where I just wanna get trained, I can't wait much longer! Why will you turn it down?

AdamLT
1st Sep 2008, 12:49
i know the feeling mate. but with the current climate as it is, and only a tiny selection of airlines recruiting (ryanair) i am not willing to fork out £80k for training then another £25k for ryanair.

so modular is my preferred route where i will end up where i want to be..when the economic down turn will be no longer...i hope

Sabre1987
3rd Sep 2008, 12:22
I finally got a phone call on Monday; I didn't know they phoned because I was celebrating my birthday, so they left a message on my answer phone.
They told me I’d failed to get it etc and id get an email, not got the email yet though.
Even though I practically knew hadn't got it due to the lack of information they could have called on a different day :mad:

Andy120
3rd Sep 2008, 13:06
Likewise I was contacted on Monday and was told that they would write to me 'SOON'..still nothing..!? Anyway I was told to go down in November for the same assesments :hmm:

AdamLT
3rd Sep 2008, 13:07
mate..that just sums FTE up.

Canada Goose
4th Sep 2008, 08:37
Guys,

Hate to say to it, but, get used to the disappointment and lack of correspondence. There will be more than likely many many more.

Trying to end on a +ve, there will also be moments of highs !!

CG.

AdamLT
4th Sep 2008, 09:44
Canada Goose....

don't worry. i'm used to the disappointment. It's certainly made me more determined to become a pilot..and not getting onto an intergrated is NOT the end of the world (even though I have a place at OAA...i am not willing to pay the extortionate price tag!)

RSP_2407
5th Sep 2008, 14:53
I rang them on Monday, said I'd be receiving an email before today on what can happen next, as they were discussing it with the head of training apparently. What a surprise - I haven't heard anything so I'm going to call them now. No doubt they'll be on a long siesta.

Sabre1987
5th Sep 2008, 15:14
Anything?:ugh:nothing?
I've not heard anything either.
It makes me wonder; if they dont show much care now, before they have my money...are they going to care when they have my money and im struggling to find a job (i hope to god that wont happen but we all know it might)

AdamLT
5th Sep 2008, 15:31
Sabre1987..

that's whay i'm staying away from these 'big' FTO's.

mlowe
6th Sep 2008, 16:16
Hey all,

How did the first lot of interviews go for everyone?

Good impressions?

Any questions catch you out?

Good luck to those who did and didnt progress.

Keep chippin away.

mike

Cyrard_cazeilles
9th Sep 2008, 11:19
Hi,

I passed phase 4 last week. They are to call us today. Has everyone some news ? No news so far.

Michael, did you receive a call ?

Good luck...:)

Pierre

mlowe
9th Sep 2008, 12:18
no news yet Pierre!!!

nicnac1
9th Sep 2008, 13:04
Does anyone know when they're contacting us if we've been successful in phase 4? I had my interview last week...
On tenderhooks!!

RSP_2407
9th Sep 2008, 13:24
To those who didn't pass Phase III, but still haven't heard anything official: I called them on Monday 8th (yesterday), they said the Head of Training had been out of the office last Thu and Fri, so they hadn't had time to send me an email which had supposed to arrive before Friday last week.

So now there is a new time frame. This Friday! I haven't received ANYTHING from them. If I hadn't called them (and I've spoken to them at least five times, which I think is rather unreasonable, they should get in touch with me, not the other way round), I'd have been literally tearing my hair out by now.

So hopefully, by this Friday they will have discussed with the H of T, whether or not some of us could be eligible for training not on the MAPS course. I'm not holding my breath though seeing as its been nearly four weeks since the assesment.

Odd really, if they knew who they were accepting, did they not know who they weren't accepting?

So heres to living in hope ................

mlowe
9th Sep 2008, 16:52
I believe they are sending out letters of confirmation for those who are awaiting phase 4 response (well done matt).

Best of luck everyone

up_down_left_right
9th Sep 2008, 22:44
hi all!

not posted in a long time mainly becuase reading things on here makes me worry even more!

I received a letter today advising me that I had been successful in the MAPS scheme with part sponsorship beginning on November 17th. Sorry to anyone who has not been successful.

If anyone else has been lucky enough to get through please feel free to PM me. Im creating a facebook group for people starting in november, just search for FTE course 82 or something along those lines.

Anyway, again apologies to anyone who got through, i know reading about others getting through must be quite rubbish.

hope to hear from people,

up_down_left_right ;)

mlowe
13th Sep 2008, 12:07
Having passed thru to Ph.4 interview with flybe themselves (and failed by notification of a letter) I had received an email a day after from FTE stating that I hadnt passed Ph3!?

Banter aye

Soph85
13th Sep 2008, 14:46
Hi all,
I too received a letter on the 9th advising me that I had been successful for the partial sponsorship scheme and start 26th January! Anybody else starting that date?
Congrats up down left right, I’ll see you there!

mlowe
14th Sep 2008, 13:55
Well done guys and girls, a great opportunity...

Enjoy spain

Cyrard_cazeilles
14th Sep 2008, 15:23
Hi guys,

Congratulations to those who have been successful in this scheme.

Unfortunately it was not the case for me, as I failed after phase 4.
I received the fateful letter last week.

Enjoy your training !

Pierre.

Matt101
14th Sep 2008, 19:46
up_down

Am starting on the Part Sponsored Maps on the 17th also haven't actually been home to read the letter yet myself though!! I'll see you on facebook and all being well with the bank in Jerez too!

Matt

Tommy_uk
14th Sep 2008, 20:39
Where do you actually apply for this scheme?? :confused:

Soph85
16th Sep 2008, 09:59
Hi Tommy,

The current scheme has closed for applications, however, I believe this will be an on going scheme so if you keep checking www.flybe.com (http://www.flybe.com) and www.flighttrainingeurope.com (http://www.flighttrainingeurope.com) this will tell you when the next scheme is open.

Goodluck with your future application!

Soph

up_down_left_right
16th Sep 2008, 18:19
hi Soph and Matt.

Well done!!! cant believe how soon it is though, frightening! where are you both from? if its possible, would be good to meet up before we go out there?

are you on facebook? if so PM me on here and we'll exchange details etc.

Well done again and looking forward to meeting you!

Flyer2007
21st Sep 2008, 14:17
Congrats guys and girls that got through! See you out in Jerez soon!

For those of you on Facebook, the current Flybe MAPS students have a dedicated group. So feel free to add yourself to the group. The group is called "Flybe Maps".

:ok: